• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212XD arrived, and it was worth the wait!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I received my 2021 Yamaha 212XE at the end of April and have taken it out four times (three of which were this past weekend). I also have the blue and black color scheme, which gets a lot of compliments on the water. Although I don't have the Drive model, I'll provide a couple of my thoughts on the new boat.

1) There does seem to be a few fit and finish issues like the OP stated. For instance, the gasket around the rectangular area for the clean-out ports on the stern looks like it was put on by a four year old.
2) My stereo doesn't sound as loud as I expect and has a noticeable hiss when there is no source to the stereo, or the audio source is paused, and even when the volume is turned to zero. Perhaps the speakers are wired out of phase?
3) My cleanout ports get water in them too after a day on the water. I've heard this is normal, so I just drain them after I pull the boat out and then put them back in. Not a concern for me.
4) I too have a lot of metal filings and fiberglass that comes out after a day on the water when the drain plug is open. I expected that. I may try and flush out.
5) I'm still trying to figure out the best place for a cooler. Unlike my previous boat, this boat doesn't have an integrated cooler under the rear seat. Putting the free cooler that came with the boat in the storage area in front of the passenger seat doesn't seem convenient when it's full.
6) How do you clean the Seadek? It seems to get dirty fast, especially on the rear of the boat.
7) I'm very happy that I was able to get the boat to fit in my garage and under my 8' garage door. I had to take off the wakeboard racks and I also had to lower the tower lower than the cable would allow by unscrewing the cable holder from the wakeboard tower, but I'm happy it fits when needed (picture below)
8) I can't seem to get the ratchets for the factory cover to be in the right location when tightening to actually allow their zippered area that is supposed to enclose the ratchet to fully close.
9) I haven't really pushed the boat because I'm still breaking it in, but I did open it up once this past weekend now that I have a few hours on it (which according to the manual is acceptable). I hit about 44mph with four people and coolers, etc. on board. I expect it can go faster according to everything I've read. I'll try on a calmer day with less people on board. If it doesn't go faster than that should I be concerned?
10) Does everyone else have a hole (that is finished) in the very front of the keel (as seen in picture below)? I've never noticed that on other boats. I think it's to drain water from the anchor locker? But I would assume it could also let water in.
11) I was surprised the radio didn't have an equalizer or balance/fader controls. Just the zone controls.
12) I'm still trying to figure out how to use the wakesurf/wakeboard settings. Can't quite figure out how that works. I've used the ballast and also the Wakebooster once. Still learning how things like the cruise control work.
Keep the shoes off the Seadek!

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I received my 2021 Yamaha 212XE at the end of April and have taken it out four times (three of which were this past weekend). I also have the blue and black color scheme, which gets a lot of compliments on the water. Although I don't have the Drive model, I'll provide a couple of my thoughts on the new boat.

1) There does seem to be a few fit and finish issues like the OP stated. For instance, the gasket around the rectangular area for the clean-out ports on the stern looks like it was put on by a four year old.
2) My stereo doesn't sound as loud as I expect and has a noticeable hiss when there is no source to the stereo, or the audio source is paused, and even when the volume is turned to zero. Perhaps the speakers are wired out of phase?
3) My cleanout ports get water in them too after a day on the water. I've heard this is normal, so I just drain them after I pull the boat out and then put them back in. Not a concern for me.
4) I too have a lot of metal filings and fiberglass that comes out after a day on the water when the drain plug is open. I expected that. I may try and flush out.
5) I'm still trying to figure out the best place for a cooler. Unlike my previous boat, this boat doesn't have an integrated cooler under the rear seat. Putting the free cooler that came with the boat in the storage area in front of the passenger seat doesn't seem convenient when it's full.
6) How do you clean the Seadek? It seems to get dirty fast, especially on the rear of the boat.
7) I'm very happy that I was able to get the boat to fit in my garage and under my 8' garage door. I had to take off the wakeboard racks and I also had to lower the tower lower than the cable would allow by unscrewing the cable holder from the wakeboard tower, but I'm happy it fits when needed (picture below)
8) I can't seem to get the ratchets for the factory cover to be in the right location when tightening to actually allow their zippered area that is supposed to enclose the ratchet to fully close.
9) I haven't really pushed the boat because I'm still breaking it in, but I did open it up once this past weekend now that I have a few hours on it (which according to the manual is acceptable). I hit about 44mph with four people and coolers, etc. on board. I expect it can go faster according to everything I've read. I'll try on a calmer day with less people on board. If it doesn't go faster than that should I be concerned?
10) Does everyone else have a hole (that is finished) in the very front of the keel (as seen in picture below)? I've never noticed that on other boats. I think it's to drain water from the anchor locker? But I would assume it could also let water in.
11) I was surprised the radio didn't have an equalizer or balance/fader controls. Just the zone controls.
12) I'm still trying to figure out how to use the wakesurf/wakeboard settings. Can't quite figure out how that works. I've used the ballast and also the Wakebooster once. Still learning how things like the cruise control work.
It is an anchor locker drain. Many posts on this site about them. 1st place water will leak in because the factory plug isnt long enough. Put a new fitting in it and you will resolve 90% of all water intrusion..

Jaydubbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks for your response! I literally thought your post was mine as I read through it...I'm tired ok. But seriously, I have/had most of the same issues/experiences.

OMG. This drove me crazy. Why? Because it's so important to understand how this works, and Yamaha hid the process deep within the crappy manual. I eventually found it and figured it out.

First, the cruise control. Set up your profile, set the speed, acceleration profile (how fast you want the boat to accelerate) and ballast levels. Click activate and set. (I think that's what it is). Once it's set and your ballasts are where you want them, you're ready to pull your surfer. If cruise is set, all you need to do is open up the throttle all the way open, aka, floor it. When you do that, the boat will slowly (based on your accel profile) speed up and reach target speed based on GPS.

Second, you can adjust your speed now using the cruise +/- buttons near the control knob.

That's it!! It's very very helpful once you figure it out, but it was way harder to find this out than it should have been.

This isn't something I'm dealing with, but I imagine you should be able to loosen both ratchets all the way, tug, yank, pull that ratchet to the middle if you're able, then slowly ratchet each side keeping them in the middle of the zipped enclosure. If that doesn't' work, you should def have the dealer look at it.

Hope this helps!!!