• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212XD arrived, and it was worth the wait!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
My wife is hoping to learn too; until then I'm just going to get used to launching solo as well!
I added trailer guide posts that help me pull it off and on the trailer with dock lines. I don't drive it off and on the trailer...not yet

Jaydubbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Niner fans in New Hampshire! Gotta love it...I hope they draft Fields....
I'm alone in a sea of Patriot fans...luckily my wife humors me by wearing Niner clothes!

Jaydubbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I added trailer guide posts that help me pull it off and on the trailer with dock lines. I don't drive it off and on the trailer...not yet
I 100% want to do that...if I don't I know I'm going to scrape the hull on the trailer. Did you do that work through a dealer?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I 100% want to do that...if I don't I know I'm going to scrape the hull on the trailer. Did you do that work through a dealer?
I did it myself. It's easy. Make sure you get the padded covers too.

Andechsfinance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Would love to hear your setup and where you put things when you get settled. I have an 212XD still on order shipping in ????? I'm already starting to consider how to organize and put things in the boat (so everything stays in its place).

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm alone in a sea of Patriot fans...luckily my wife humors me by wearing Niner clothes!
I've been a Pats fan since the 80's, and

Dixiedodger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Happy to share our fam finally received our 212XD here in NH. Got it in Friday, couple defects from manufacturer but they’re minor and will be fixed later.

Got in on the lake Saturday and spent 6 hours playing and relaxing. I’ll post a longer ins and outs with this boat when I get time (because I haven’t seen many 212X posts), but I absolutely love it.

The Drive technology is WORTH IT. I can’t overstate how much easier it is to use Drive for slow speed maneuvering.

The wake created is large enough to surf but needs the booster to clean it up.

If you have any questions about this model, post them here!

John
View attachment 146579View attachment 146580View attachment 146581View attachment 146582View attachment 146583View attachment 146584View attachment 146585
Congrats on the boat!! Would love to know the manufacturer defects you had??..taking delivery on ours next week!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Nice! We picked up a 212XE in February, and love it! We’ve been out 6 times already. The bilge area is still spitting out manufacturing debris every time I unscrew the drain plug. I swear someone must have dropped an entire bag of stainless steel screws when they were building it. I’m going to take out all the drain plugs, and try to flush it with a hose. Other than the little chunks of aluminum grindings, what looks like fiberglass insulation fibers. and enough screws to stock a hardware store (9 so far), everything seems to be fine. For my family, it’s the perfect sized boat. The wind was about 12 knots, and gusting over 20 today, and the waves on the lake had whitecaps. I was able to run between 22 and 25 mph without any awful hull slapping. (I hate the sound of fiberglass hulls pounding waves hard). I pretty much launch it, park the truck, and load it back on the trailer at the end of the day myself. My wife is starting to get really good at assisting with the docking. Zero dock mishaps so far, and she’s not nervous about it anymore. She hops right off, and keeps it off the dock like a pro already.
After I went out yesterday, I pulled the plug and was amazed at the amount of fiberglass and steel shavings that came out. I don’t get why they don’t clean as they are building. Other than that, no issues, runs great. Those engines run smooth.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
After I went out yesterday, I pulled the plug and was amazed at the amount of fiberglass and steel shavings that came out. I don’t get why they don’t clean as they are building. Other than that, no issues, runs great. Those engines run smooth.
Fiberglass boats have some shavings as the bottom and top halves are joined then holes and parts get installed, techs drop screws, washers, etc. and can't retreive them. Once the two pieces are joined, the only way to clean out the shavings is with a water flush. I suppose they could do that at the factory to rinse it out before shipping. But after a few flushes, the bilge is fairly clean - nothing comes out of mine now.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
There shouldn’t be any water coming out of the drain after a day of boating. I figured out after my first time out, that I wasn’t screwing the drain plug in far enough. It actually counter sinks about 1/4 of an inch or more. Now I don’t get any water inside the boat, even when it’s on the water all day.

Jaydubbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Regarding defects/issues with the new 212XD; mostly minor and my dealer already told me they'll get it all fixed...but sharing with ya'll so you can get a good idea of what to expect:

-----

1. Trim on Starboard side doesn't extend to full edge, but port side is okay (see photo)
2. Piston attached to the center ski/ballast locker fell off on the first opening and wasn't installed properly (see photo) and three screws ripped right out of the door when opening it.
3. Handle used for the stern access port is not installed correctly or flawed; it's VERY difficult to open and has cracking noise/shards of plastic coming off during each opening. This then causes significant creaking noise when stepping on the transom seat (doesn't happen with other 2021 21' hulls)
4. Also, access ports fill with water when on lake (usually just the starboard engine port)
5. The radio knob used for controlling the menu AND stereo volume does not navigate the menu properly. You can switch between radio and menu nav, but when in menu mode, the navigation doesn't work.
6. This one is an informational, possibly one time event...but I'm letting you know for record in case it happens again. When using Drive (forward/reverse paddles on steering wheel) I was pulling up to a beach to assist another boater; using only the paddles (slow speed forward and reverse) the boat suddenly speed up to faster than no-wake speed and almost shot up on the beach...I had to grab the throttle and throw it in reverse before someone got hit. I don't know why this happened and haven't been able to replicate. If this happens again, it's a significant safety hazard and will need to be addressed. I'll keep you posted.

----

On a side note for this post, the pin to lock the wakeboard/wakesurfer rack in place wasn't entirely in when we picked up the boat. They had to replace the entire thing when I picked up the boat (after they tried to lube it up and all that). So that's already fixed, but was an issue right from the factory.

Thanks all! Ask any questions about the boat and I'll try and answer; I plan to go back out this coming weekend and can take pics/videos for you.

John

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Regarding defects/issues with the new 212XD; mostly minor and my dealer already told me they'll get it all fixed...but sharing with ya'll so you can get a good idea of what to expect:

-----

1. Trim on Starboard side doesn't extend to full edge, but port side is okay (see photo)
2. Piston attached to the center ski/ballast locker fell off on the first opening and wasn't installed properly (see photo) and three screws ripped right out of the door when opening it.
3. Handle used for the stern access port is not installed correctly or flawed; it's VERY difficult to open and has cracking noise/shards of plastic coming off during each opening. This then causes significant creaking noise when stepping on the transom seat (doesn't happen with other 2021 21' hulls)
4. Also, access ports fill with water when on lake (usually just the starboard engine port)
5. The radio knob used for controlling the menu AND stereo volume does not navigate the menu properly. You can switch between radio and menu nav, but when in menu mode, the navigation doesn't work.
6. This one is an informational, possibly one time event...but I'm letting you know for record in case it happens again. When using Drive (forward/reverse paddles on steering wheel) I was pulling up to a beach to assist another boater; using only the paddles (slow speed forward and reverse) the boat suddenly speed up to faster than no-wake speed and almost shot up on the beach...I had to grab the throttle and throw it in reverse before someone got hit. I don't know why this happened and haven't been able to replicate. If this happens again, it's a significant safety hazard and will need to be addressed. I'll keep you posted.

----

On a side note for this post, the pin to lock the wakeboard/wakesurfer rack in place wasn't entirely in when we picked up the boat. They had to replace the entire thing when I picked up the boat (after they tried to lube it up and all that). So that's already fixed, but was an issue right from the factory.

Thanks all! Ask any questions about the boat and I'll try and answer; I plan to go back out this coming weekend and can take pics/videos for you.

John
My starboard access port has also been filling up with water. Another member stated it happens sometimes when operating in reverse, and is normal. I'm going to recheck next time out.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
My starboard access port has also been filling up with water. Another member stated it happens sometimes when operating in reverse, and is normal. I'm going to recheck next time out.
The label on the back of the boat says to drain water from the clean out ports after running engines to clear water from exhaust, so it seems like water in the clean outs is normal. I’ve had my boat out 6 times, and there’s water in them every time.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty normal on our boats. The water can come in thru the drain in the cleanout tray area for various reasons. Nothing to really worry about and wont harm anything.

Jaydubbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Enjoying a nice day on the lake in NH. Water was 52 degrees, but the picture was worth it!

Our 2021XD and my buddies 2021 AR210. Love the black and red!

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Enjoying a nice day on the lake in NH. Water was 52 degrees, but the picture was worth it!

Our 2021XD and my buddies 2021 AR210. Love the black and red!
That's awesome. Love the looks of those side by side.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
There shouldn’t be any water coming out of the drain after a day of boating. I figured out after my first time out, that I wasn’t screwing the drain plug in far enough. It actually counter sinks about 1/4 of an inch or more. Now I don’t get any water inside the boat, even when it’s on the water all day.
I have yet to get any water out of my plug. But there is usually some additional shavings etc.

603jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Hi. We are still waiting on our 212xd in NH as well. Got a call mid May and they said it wasn’t cut and we should be expecting hopefully mid June. Here’s hoping. My question is about the trailer. Is it a friction trailer to hold it on or winch? (Sorry new to boating and not 100% sure if those are the right terms). Thinking about unloading at the launch and our friends friction trailer seems easy.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
It will have bunk boards under the hull, and a manual cranking strap winch with a bow roller attached. Mine has been very easy to load and unload. Some people drive most of the way on the trailer and then winch up. Some winch all the way from the end. I’ve even seen people at the ramp paddle to deeper water before starting, and paddle back to the trailer. I’ll take a picture of my trailer with the boat off of it for you this weekend.

Travis_212X

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I received my 2021 Yamaha 212XE at the end of April and have taken it out four times (three of which were this past weekend). I also have the blue and black color scheme, which gets a lot of compliments on the water. Although I don't have the Drive model, I'll provide a couple of my thoughts on the new boat.

1) There does seem to be a few fit and finish issues like the OP stated. For instance, the gasket around the rectangular area for the clean-out ports on the stern looks like it was put on by a four year old.
2) My stereo doesn't sound as loud as I expect and has a noticeable hiss when there is no source to the stereo, or the audio source is paused, and even when the volume is turned to zero. Perhaps the speakers are wired out of phase?
3) My cleanout ports get water in them too after a day on the water. I've heard this is normal, so I just drain them after I pull the boat out and then put them back in. Not a concern for me.
4) I too have a lot of metal filings and fiberglass that comes out after a day on the water when the drain plug is open. I expected that. I may try and flush out.
5) I'm still trying to figure out the best place for a cooler. Unlike my previous boat, this boat doesn't have an integrated cooler under the rear seat. Putting the free cooler that came with the boat in the storage area in front of the passenger seat doesn't seem convenient when it's full.
6) How do you clean the Seadek? It seems to get dirty fast, especially on the rear of the boat.
7) I'm very happy that I was able to get the boat to fit in my garage and under my 8' garage door. I had to take off the wakeboard racks and I also had to lower the tower lower than the cable would allow by unscrewing the cable holder from the wakeboard tower, but I'm happy it fits when needed (picture below)
8) I can't seem to get the ratchets for the factory cover to be in the right location when tightening to actually allow their zippered area that is supposed to enclose the ratchet to fully close.
9) I haven't really pushed the boat because I'm still breaking it in, but I did open it up once this past weekend now that I have a few hours on it (which according to the manual is acceptable). I hit about 44mph with four people and coolers, etc. on board. I expect it can go faster according to everything I've read. I'll try on a calmer day with less people on board. If it doesn't go faster than that should I be concerned?
10) Does everyone else have a hole (that is finished) in the very front of the keel (as seen in picture below)? I've never noticed that on other boats. I think it's to drain water from the anchor locker? But I would assume it could also let water in.
11) I was surprised the radio didn't have an equalizer or balance/fader controls. Just the zone controls.
12) I'm still trying to figure out how to use the wakesurf/wakeboard settings. Can't quite figure out how that works. I've used the ballast and also the Wakebooster once. Still learning how things like the cruise control work.

Attachments