• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

223vrx standard brp gauge cluster reset after 25hr service.

Franced123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This is my first post on here being a happy owner of a 2019 223 vrx. Picked the boat up with 9hrs on it, picked up what I quess was lil stick my first time out but was my own fault because i dropped it in the river that was covered in debris after a rain at the launch. It actually cleared on it's own I'm guessing the impeller chopped it up and spit it out. Didnt have to take boat out of the water. No issues since then on lakes ran 11 hrs in 2 weeks and not a single issue even with debris floating in the lakes. I was wondering if anyone knows if you need to clear codes on a vrx that does not have the medallion screen and just the standard BRP guage cluster? I have heard that disconnecting the battery will reset the maintaince schedule? That may not be true, any input please let me know. I am at 20hrs now and was thinking of just doing oil change 25hr service myself.
Also I want to add I used to have a 2006 Yamaha AR 240. It was a good boat but this Vortex is very impressive and the swim platform is much more useful and attractive. I love the overall space of the 223 as well it feels as big as the AR240 does with 10 people on board. The ski mode has been awesome as well and wakeboarders pop up out of the water super fast even the beginners. I plan on being active on here because I dont have social media. Happy boating season!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum!!! I have a 2017 223 VRX with the medallion II so I'm not sure if disconnecting the battery will do anything. But, there's one way to find out. I too had a Yami and switched to Chap and just love it.

You should update your info to reflect which boat you have. Do you live in Florida?

Franced123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum!!! I have a 2017 223 VRX with the medallion II so I'm not sure if disconnecting the battery will do anything. But, there's one way to find out. I too had a Yami and switched to Chap and just love it.

You should update your info to reflect which boat you have. Do you live in Florida?
Hey,

Thanks for the reply and I will definitely update with pictures. I am located in PA but do most of boating at lakes in WV, ohio, and maryland. I called my dealer today and they said they would charge me 95 dollars to clear the code but 150 for the oil change since I already have the oil and filter. For this first one I may just get them to do it and then buy the scan tool. I looked for the same boats used in 2016 -17 range as well and couldn't find any used ones. People must love them because very few used on the market. Do you happen to have aftermarket or chap wake racks? I cant find the OEM racks anywhere and the dealer wants 1700 for them. Have you had any issues with the chap at all?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey,

Thanks for the reply and I will definitely update with pictures. I am located in PA but do most of boating at lakes in WV, ohio, and maryland. I called my dealer today and they said they would charge me 95 dollars to clear the code but 150 for the oil change since I already have the oil and filter. For this first one I may just get them to do it and then buy the scan tool. I looked for the same boats used in 2016 -17 range as well and couldn't find any used ones. People must love them because very few used on the market. Do you happen to have aftermarket or chap wake racks? I cant find the OEM racks anywhere and the dealer wants 1700 for them. Have you had any issues with the chap at all?
I do not have any racks but I'm sure there are after market ones that'll do fine. Most codes need to be cleared thru BUDS or CanDoo Pro. Either one cost $400. I've had my fair share of issues with the Chap which were all covered under warranty (thank God!). I believe all the kinks are worked out so I should be good. I tend to do a lot of my own work so that saves time and money.

I love everything about the boat; size, handling, speed and true neutral. One of the best boats I've owned. Which engines do you have? I have twin 250s and have had it up to 59 mph (GPS). Check my sig for mods I've done. Good luck!!

Franced123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! I have the twin 150s, I thought they were not going to be enough and I was super worried but the lakes arnt huge around me and once I get it wide open I think top speed I've seen has been 44ish . That's with 8 full sized adults on board. Haha. Those twin 250s have to be scary fast. I'm going to do more research on your mods as well and get a code reader.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! I have the twin 150s, I thought they were not going to be enough and I was super worried but the lakes arnt huge around me and once I get it wide open I think top speed I've seen has been 44ish . That's with 8 full sized adults on board. Haha. Those twin 250s have to be scary fast. I'm going to do more research on your mods as well and get a code reader.
The new boats come with twin 300s. These are more powerful and a little quieter. I believe they top out around 65. Would love to have one but not happening anytime soon.

FYI, there's a FB group you should look at joining. Lots of good info there as well.

Franced123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you! Happy 4th.