• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 L/S SeaDek installed finally

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger and doing my whole boat. I am sick of dealing with the carpet.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Craig the SeaDeck is great- everything is hot in July, but honestly the SeaDeck is not, when compared to similar surface like carpet

Spectre170

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Kevin M If you decide to go with the SeaDek you won't be disapointed! It is great stuff and really improves the look of the boat as well as removes the issues of dealing with soaked carpet.

Spectre170

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Added the new bow, anchor locker, SeaDek mats to my boat. I also had Will @JetBoatPilot send me 2 additional side pieces for the stern of the boat so that the SeaDek covers both sides from the Swim deck up past the tower. Will was skeptical on how they would fit & look, but talked him into it. I think he also had to make a new SKU for them or something? Anyway, I think they should be part of the optional pieces for the SeaDek kits. I like the extra traction down there because I sit up on the engine compartment sometimes and rest my feet there. Also helps the little ones hold on when they are jumping off the boat and leaning over the sides both in the bow and stern.

Excellent additions to the SeaDek line for the 2010-2014 242 L/S!! Thanks @JetBoatPilot!!

Attachments

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the best way to remove the carpet snaps in the fiberglass, and how do you repair them before installing the SeaDek?

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just unscrew them. Most of the SeaDek will cover the holes. The holes can be filled with 3M 52000. When I did mine, I only had about 3 holes to fill.

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That looks great. If you don't mind me asking what was cost for all?

Spectre170

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I bought everything but the "new" pieces during last years group buy (there is another one going on right now). With that plus the new pieces it was basically $1K. I bought "all" the optional pieces and paid more for the AR240 swim platform pieces because I got rid of (stored) the cushions on the swim platform for functionality with how we use the boat. The Faux Teak pattern is also the highest price point for all the options. Depending on what discount level, pricing, style & pieces bought your cost will vary... What does BOAT stand for... Bring Out Another Thousand! Best $1K I have spent on the boat, other than the gas to make it go fast!

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great! Is it self stick or glue down?

Spectre170

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks great! Is it self stick or glue down?
Self stick. There is some kind of 3M pressure activated adhesive on it. Just line up, tape down and then peel and stick it.

Here is a video link to @JetBoatPilot that explains all about it.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just added the new pieces around the anchor locker and in front of the windshield. The pieces next to the anchor locker are great, I usually put one foot up there when I'm putting the anchor in or out so the no-slip is appreciated. If he keeps adding new pieces my entire boat will be covered in SeaDeck!New Seadek.jpg

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got the faux teak, full kit. It was about $1,250 including shipping - probably paid a little more but really didn't want to waste time searching. Mine is the Limited S and I didn't remove the rear padded seats so the kit is everything but those.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2014 242 Limited S, here is what I have on my boat:

TWO COLOR SeaDek Cockpit Kit For 2010-2014 Yamaha 240/242 – Covers most of the interior of the boat – Mine is Mocha over Black - $539.95

SeaDek Optional Mat 4X (2010-2014 240/242 Port/Starboard Engine Bay Mat) – Covers the area just behind the seats (but in front of the rear facing seats) – this makes a great entry point from a dock - $79.95

SeaDek Optional Mat 3X (2010-2014 240/242 Upper Head Locker Mat) – replaces the Hydroturf on the top of the Head Locker - $39.95

SeaDek Optional Mat 1X (2010-2014 240/242 Engine Step Over Large) – creates a step between the rear seats in front of the step thru - $39.95

SeaDek/Hydroturf Optional Mat 2X (2010-2014 240/242 Port/Starboard Bow Mats) – great place to put one foot while casting or retrieving your anchor - $39.95

SeaDek/Hydroturf Optional Mat 5X (2010-2014 240/242 Bow Boarding Steps) – Another great place to board the boat - $39.95

TWO COLOR SeaDek Swim Platform For 2010-2014 Yamaha SX240/AR240/242L – replaces the original Hydroturf on the swim platform - $369.95

So all of that comes to $1,149.65 and worth every penny of it!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is amazing on how much cleaner of a look the seadek is.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BlackandTan your price quote is based on our basic cut style. It does not include the teak lines or the border. Just bear in mind that there are three cut styles and each has a different price based on actual machine cut time.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No worries!