• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 Sub Install

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Spent some time in the boat this morning planning out some stereo upgrades. I have a Wetsounds 12 sub. I don't really have a place to cut a 12 inch hole to mount this and the speaker doesn't come with a grill. So I'm thinking of putting it in a box in the port side storage and cutting a vent. I'm thinking of putting it facing forward in front of this hole and either removing the glove box and putting a vent in its place, or cutting a vent in the side of the footwell
image.jpg image.jpg

What do you think?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I have a 10" sub in a box in this exact location. I have just a plain old not custom square box and its pretty tight. When looking at your picture up at top, the fiberglass that drops down on the top right prevents it from being able to scoot back that far. I have my sub facing the batteries and it slides back enough to be about flush with the seat opening. As for sound... I do not have a vent. It sounds great to me. If we are sitting not driving i just pull the seat off a little bit. works great. Good luck.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gosh I have the 242LS also and I cannot for the life of me picture where this shot is coming from?

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Port side battery compartment facing forward. Or do you have two captains chairs?

The black thing in the picture is the bottom of the glove box.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh, ok I got it! Yea I though of utilizing that space my self, as its kind of wasted space. Good Idea.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Port side battery compartment facing forward. Or do you have two captains chairs?

The black thing in the picture is the bottom of the glove box.
I do not have captains chairs. Was just under there tonight. Looks identical to what you have. My sub box stops when it hits that orange fiberglass on the top right of your picture. The only reason i mention that is that there is still some wasted space behind the sub, as mine is just a box not custom.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Cory I put my 10"Bazooka tube under the port lounger and vented by the feet. I am very happy with it.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cool. That takes care of that issue

Cory

Jetboaters Commander