• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242S glove box lid

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
1/2” Polycarbonate, which is what they make bullet proof glass out of should be very durable. I think it will flex/bend and not break when the tabs are pushed on.

I have ordered 5 pieces. It will take a week or so for them to arrive. I will install mine and post pics. Then I can send out to the first 4 that replied in this post. This is an experiment at this point to refine. I’m open to try different materials, shapes, whatever. After that, it becomes economical order at least 5 at a time. Five pieces was $251. With shipping, we can make these for about $60 / piece.

chester2008

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for spearheading this effort. I was thinking that wrapping them in high gloss black vinyl might work well to match the rest of the glove box. My boat is in storage for at least another month but excited to see the results on yours @Hokietechvpi

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Updates on the Glove Box Replacement this weekend.

1. Received 5 Water Jet Cut Polycarbonate pieces.
2. Sanded The edges with 120 , 400, and 600 sandpaper to get rid of water cut ridges.
3. Inserted new thread inserts for magnetic latches.
4. Spray painted front and edges with black fusion high gloss spray paint.

Todo Next.
Install magnetic latches
Drill pilot holes for hinge
Find better screws for hinge , current ones suck
Fit check next weekend on the boat.
Current lid is flat, if it doesn’t fit , I’ll need to bake the lid in the oven and curve it.
Also ordered some black glossy vinyl to play with as well.
Once the install is complete, I’ll post pics and a diy, and can send out the other 4 lids.

7AAA66E4-91B2-48E4-8545-A9F70EDAE4C8.jpeg3695F897-2DB4-4465-85C1-CE6D7E81FAE4.jpeg36E5146E-0DAE-4F88-9AFB-DF7291738608.jpeg0F3D114B-0747-4A3E-A5E3-D22DB9A6D64B.jpegE55725FA-8BC4-4DEA-A330-54A037221D22.jpegF1DF4EC8-A021-4C71-BE13-0B55F7C8DB8C.jpegF39435BA-033A-4803-BD00-2DD8FFF09DA5.jpeg

chester2008

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any updates on how it fits in the boat? Mine is in storage for another few weeks.

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
After making my lid hazy applying clear coat, and then having to polish it with rubbing compound and polishing compound , I got it installed last night. Here are some pics. I think the fusion spray paint was more glossy, but was delicate without clear coat.

I’m going to call it good enough !!

FYI, the hinge screws were really hard. The lexan is very gummy, and #4 stainless screws will shear off before you get them screwed into a pilot hole. Even #6 SS screws will shear off. I am going to update my drawing with some advice on how to avoid shearing the screws.

CC76EE3F-A5F1-4FED-AC73-3C4A42476906.jpeg27321781-54A2-4722-9962-10D091A024AB.jpeg4A0B7288-1CDA-470F-B254-8FD7DB9E2C5B.jpeg.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Holy sheep dip! I hunk the part you at looking for is 48 in the attached pic. If so your salesman was not lying, Yamaha only sells the entire assembly not parts of it and it’s almost $800 (for a plastic glove box?). For that kind of money I would probably try really hard to repair the original part (duct tape and/or epoxy), make my own out of wood or bring the old part to a company the offers 3D printing services. Good luck.

View attachment 115032
Lol. Why dont they just call their dealers....duh.

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m interested in buying one if you have any left? I had the exact same cracks on both sides as you did in yours. Pm me if you still have a any left for sale, yours looks great and I don’t want to replace the entire assembly as recommended by the dealer.

Last edited:

Royce

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Still got any? Broke mine today!

Royce

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Let me know if anyone is interested in a group buy of lids. I have sold all the lids from the original batch. I need to buy at least 5 at a time from the water jet cutter. Any feedback from any other installs would be great before the next order if I need to tweak the design. Thanks, Russ

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will add you to the list. I am trying to make them in black this time so they are easier to make. I need another week or so to figure out a better source for the material and water jet cutter

CNofo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2015 ar240 cracked door. I drilled and recessed a screw along with some JB plastic weld and its holding well. I thought maybe @JetBoatPilot Will can cut out custom seadek to cover the door. That way it will disguise the crack on the front of the door. Looks like alot of people can fix their current door cheaply and cover the front with custom fit seadek. Thoughts? Already have measurements on here.

Attachments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2015 ar240 cracked door. I drilled and recessed a screw along with some JB plastic weld and its holding well. I thought maybe @JetBoatPilot Will can cut out custom seadek to cover the door. That way it will disguise the crack on the front of the door. Looks like alot of people can fix their current door cheaply and cover the front with custom fit seadek. Thoughts? Already have measurements on here.
Could be done easily. We'd just need a quality template.

CNofo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is an updated drawing with some added notes about hinge screws, sanding, and painting.
Please contact me for a group buy of water cut parts. Buying 5 lids at a time makes it economical.

@JetBoatPilot - Here’s a drawing

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks good, but why not use high density marine board that already comes in black?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length