• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252 sound system

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i did a deposit on a 2022 252 SE, what do you think of the sound system?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It’s pretty decent if it comes with correct settings on the amp. A few people had issues with that. Overall from factory it has really good bass and is loud enough to hear underway and listen to at sandbar.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
It cranks. in my (other life) I’m a musician with a small studio and lots of live gear. The system is loud and clear. I wouldn’t change a thing If you are blasting the music for your passengers and yourself.

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
It’s pretty decent if it comes with correct settings on the amp. A few people had issues with that. Overall from factory it has really good bass and is loud enough to hear underway and listen to at sandbar.
What are the correct amp settings?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What are the correct amp settings?
great question. Only Yamaha has the ability to change the amp settings via the dsp port.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Agree with the others, the sound system on the 252SE is plenty loud for my family. I could see how others might want to really crank it up by adding a pair of tower speakers and dedicated amp to run them.

edgeofred

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 252SD on order , supposedly due in 4-8 weeks. Does it have the same stereo as the SE or are there tower speakers? I will have a bunch of other questions, probably most of them will be newbie dumb ones! Thanks

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a 252SD on order , supposedly due in 4-8 weeks. Does it have the same stereo as the SE or are there tower speakers? I will have a bunch of other questions, probably most of them will be newbie dumb ones! Thanks
It's the same. Only the wake boats get the tower speakers.

Sef123123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I add 2 wetsound tower speakers and amplifier ($2600) but I feel like the driver side lack and if I'll go anywhere above 30 mph I won't hear anything even if I'll crank the volume to the max.
I'm considering adding another rev8 or 2

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I add 2 wetsound tower speakers and amplifier ($2600) but I feel like the driver side lack and if I'll go anywhere above 30 mph I won't hear anything even if I'll crank the volume to the max.
I'm considering adding another rev8 or 2
Something isn't right if you have a Rev8 and can't hear it at the driver seat. My Kicker 9s are behind my head and will drown out wind noise no problem.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Agreed. I can hear my stock stereo in the driver's seat even at 30+ mph if I turn it up loud enough (volume at 75 to 80 out of 100). Not sure how it couldn't be heard with tower speakers added. Then again, like a said above: some people like to really crank it up and that's cool too.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I didn’t waste my time with it, coming from a 2019 242 se I new what to expect, I changed the whole setup.
Based on your previous posts, it seems like you may have had one of the bad amps.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Based on your previous posts, it seems like you may have had one of the bad amps.
The amps were fine but i like complete control of my music no what yamaha think is good. Now i have 3 amp plus a wet sound eq 8 speakers plus 4 tower speakers and 2 subs

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I forgot, where did you put the second sub?

typhoon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Agreed. I can hear my stock stereo in the driver's seat even at 30+ mph if I turn it up loud enough (volume at 75 to 80 out of 100). Not sure how it couldn't be heard with tower speakers added. Then again, like a said above: some people like to really crank it up and that's cool too.
I have a 252XE, which comes with the tower speakers. I agree that the sound at the drivers seat while going over 30 mph is lacking. My passengers, especially those in the back, will complain about the volume when I turn it up loud enough for me to hear it while driving.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a 252XE, which comes with the tower speakers. I agree that the sound at the drivers seat while going over 30 mph is lacking. My passengers, especially those in the back, will complain about the volume when I turn it up loud enough for me to hear it while driving.
Can you rotate your soundbar down?