• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SE - Need Part Numbers

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can someone help me find these part numbers?

#1: The "Yamaha" chrome lettering on the swim deck (by the tow point) - the "Y" fell off. Can I get just the Y? Maybe I can just get some thin two sided tape?
#2: The stick down mat where the cooler goes, in grey.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think your first piece is #2 on this page. I’d hope they would warranty that if it fell off on a brand new boat.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think your first piece is #2 on this page. I’d hope they would warranty that if it fell off on a brand new boat.

Thank you! At $20 or less I figured I would just buy it, at $51 they need to. They would warranty, the problem is getting it done. I may call them or swing by with a picture to see if they will just order it for me. They are often several weeks behind.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Bummer--do you still have the 'Y' that fell off? If so, you could probably stick it back on with a little 4200/5200 behind it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Bummer--do you still have the 'Y' that fell off? If so, you could probably stick it back on with a little 4200/5200 behind it.
Yeah, it's in perfect condition. That is a good idea. I was trying to look up tape but it all seems too thick.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah, it's in perfect condition. That is a good idea. I was trying to look up tape but it all seems too thick.
If you go that route, be sure to run some blue painters tape across it in a couple directions to hold it in place while the sealant cures. Not sure about 4200 but IIRC the cure time for 5200 is 48 hours. You wouldn't want your 'Y' to slide down 1/4" or something during the cure process and have it misaligned to the rest of the letters! I'm not sure if that would happen or not but better safe than sorry.