• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 xd delivery and something isnt right?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will say the engines (except for the timing chain failures) appear to retain the Yamaha reliability, but the boat itself, the integration with the hull seems to be a bigger challenge.

And the reported issues are not horrible, but the dealer response to warranty has been a continued challenge.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I've always wondered what that extra toe in is supposed to do and if it impacts top speed or handling at all.
ive tested both extensively.

It def helps with wave being cleaner, and with the wake booster adding water and kicking the jet the rest of the way out of the face of the wave it has merit.

I found with them straight the boat picked up maybe 1-2mph and turned slightly different (dont know if id call it better or worse).

Im back to surfpointe angles as i feel my wave was better with it. I may revisit straight again when i have more time to test with new impellers and more weight to sink the jets deeper underwater.