• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

285 to Europe

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hi folks,

I am close to giving up getting my hands on a 600hp 285.

The dealers don't want to sell one oversee. Ok, get that regarding the demand.

Anyone have an idea? Or know of a "used" or demo one?

I have shipped several boats before, that's not the issue.

Thx, Patrick

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Are they concerned about receiving payment?

it might have more to do with dealers can’t keep boats in stock, so they probably don’t want to take the additional risk and effort for an overseas sale when they will have a walk-in buyer.

aren’t there any challenges getting a boat imported if they aren’t already being sold there by the manufacturer?

I know I haven’t seen one 285 for sale…..ever. I look for scarabs sometimes as I want a 255/600hp, or a vortex 243. Ironically we are having a huge boat show here in Michigan starting Thursday (didn’t happen last year/covid). I’ll talk with the scarabs rep/dealer and see what I can dig up for you….

Last edited:

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
No, i have brought lots of vehicles in the past from the US, never a issue with the payment.

I am very clear from the first contact that i would never expect a dealer to ship without receiving full payment.

Any help is greatly appreciated, the only bummer is the 250hp ( new 230hp) are emissions tested here, not the 300hp. In jetskies yes, just not in a boat.

Having 500hp in my amazing Seadoo 230sp, i would def. want the 600hp on a big boat like the 285.

I found a dealer in the UK, nice guy, but in the end the boat would have been over 250k$ to my door. Crazy. Waiting is 14 months i was told yesterday, talking of a 2023 model.

Looks like i will have to pass on this lovely boat, its a 100% match to my needs...

Patrick

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
No, i have brought lots of vehicles in the past from the US, never a issue with the payment.

I am very clear from the first contact that i would never expect a dealer to ship without receiving full payment.

Any help is greatly appreciated, the only bummer is the 250hp ( new 230hp) are emissions tested here, not the 300hp. In jetskies yes, just not in a boat.

Having 500hp in my amazing Seadoo 230sp, i would def. want the 600hp on a big boat like the 285.

I found a dealer in the UK, nice guy, but in the end the boat would have been over 250k$ to my door. Crazy. Waiting is 14 months i was told yesterday, talking of a 2023 model.

Looks like i will have to pass on this lovely boat, its a 100% match to my needs...

Patrick
I picked up a used 2012 Challenger 210SE/430hp about three weeks ago just to be sure we will have a boat for next season with all of this craziness of supply chain shortages and price spikes going on. But now after having 430hp on the lakes the last three weekends about the only boat I’m after is the Vortex 243VR/VRX with a pump-out head and the 600hp lol….

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Also had my eyes on a vortex, but now i know they are deleting the lineup i will pass.

Yamaha is a no go here, only BRP products in my house, so what else than Scarab.

But it might be time just to step backwards one step and be happy with what we have.

2012 Challenger 230 SP ( i was told it was the last boat of the line, could be since i got it directly from BRP) such a nice boat and zero issues.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Vortex will be at the upcoming boat show, so I’m hoping to get the lowdown on their future plans….

I wouldn’t be surprised if BRP is going to make sportboats again, or maybe they will be content with the switch.

I’m very happy with the 2012 Challenger, except I’d like more people capacity. For a 2012 it beats any Yamaha in HP, Technology modes, better low speed control and docking, and i like the single-lever operation. We also ride skidoo’s in the winter which have been mostly trouble-free.

I like the 230, but would only want the 2012/510HP and those are very rare. And when they do come available some are the WAKE versions, and wife likes having a co-captain chair instead of the bench seat.