• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

300 miles in an AR240 in a day and a half

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we just had the annual Cooper River run and @bronze_10 @Ramblin Wreck @GMAN2015 and I decided to extend it a little by starting in Myrtle Beach and heading down to Charleston and the Cooper River I think the Conext system said the total mileage was 286 miles ran. After a hour and half fog delay for our start we head down the ICW and on our way. I want to thanks everyone who attended for joining @Andy S and I on our little annual May adventure. I also want to thank @Rob9550 @Cwigg951 @Shannon @ACrews @Appollo @Eric Ballard for waiting on us as we probably delayed the group by close to an hour from our fog delay and I'm sure some choice words were said but I hope all at had a great time in the end. Here some video from our trip from Myrtle.

No thanks needed @robert843! Thanks to you all for planning such said adventure. This is the 2nd annual run for me & has turned out to be a favorite of mine! Sorry I came unprepared for lunch. I really do appreciate @Andy S showing us the way across the lake. Hated to take him away from the rest of the group tho.

Sweet vid and looked like a great trip. I've never experienced a lock before but those looked pretty cool!

No thanks needed @robert843! Thanks to you all for planning such said adventure. This is the 2nd annual run for me & has turned out to be a favorite of mine! Sorry I came unprepared for lunch. I really do appreciate @Andy S showing us the way across the lake. Hated to take him away from the rest of the group tho.

@ACrews we had plenty of food on my boat we grilled out in the cove you should have stayed and hung out with us. I just figured you were trying to take your girl to a fancy lunch on the trail race canal lol. Good seeing you my man!

@ACrews we had plenty of food on my boat we grilled out in the cove you should have stayed and hung out with us. I just figured you were trying to take your girl to a fancy lunch on the trail race canal lol. Good seeing you my man!
You all are as close to family without actually being related to me! So good to see you all.

As for lunch, I had promised Meghan as long as the lock was open, I'd take her to a restaurant. She done great to go not riding at all, to riding all day with me, so hated not to reward her.

I know y'all probably had a great lunch too, but just don't like to mooch off anyone when I came unprepared for picnic.

You guys are the best & we'll be looking forward to the next time.

Txs for leading us from myrtle... i have it saved in my chartplotter now! Wish we cpuld have done the river pirtuon but the grandmas had enough.. lol. I hopr when i am 80 i can still do stuff like this!

Great vid... u sure put them together fast!

So we just had the annual Cooper River run and @bronze_10 @Ramblin Wreck @GMAN2015 and I decided to extend it a little by starting in Myrtle Beach and heading down to Charleston and the Cooper River I think the Conext system said the total mileage was 286 miles ran. After a hour and half fog delay for our start we head down the ICW and on our way. I want to thanks everyone who attended for joining @Andy S and I on our little annual May adventure. I also want to thank @Rob9550 @Cwigg951 @Shannon @ACrews @Appollo @Eric Ballard for waiting on us as we probably delayed the group by close to an hour from our fog delay and I'm sure some choice words were said but I hope all at had a great time in the end. Here some video from our trip from Myrtle.

@robert843 the delay actually worked out good for my boat, it gave Cindy and I time to visit with Vicky, Elizabeth, Andrew, Brittany and Josie otherwise we would not have had much time to visit. Thanks again for putting this trip together, this one was definitely the best so far!
@ACrews is was not a big deal taking you guys across Lake Moultrie everything worked out just fine. It also gave us a good excuse to checkout out another marina, Black's Fish Camp for possible future stops. It was great to see you again and meet Miss Meghan.

great video...totally jealous...

Looks like a great turn out and that lock was massive. I bet it was a blast with all of you guys in there......

Great video, looks like a great trip! :thumbsup: Is this an annual thing? What is the route? Would love to consider this for next year!

Great video, looks like a great trip! :thumbsup: Is this an annual thing? What is the route? Would love to consider this for next year!
Yes this is an annual trip with plans on keeping it going. If you come you might want to do like @Shannon and stay in the area for more than just the weekend, especially if you have never seen Charleston, it is an amazing city to wander around.

Thanks for letting us tag along this year! We had a great time. Awesome group of folks. Hope to meet up with you all again soon. Great vid @robert843!

Awesome video @robert843 and thanks to you and @Andy S for making it all come together! You both rock!

It was good seeing you guys again hopefully we see you guys next year. I felt bad that @bronze_10 didn't get to do the lock last year or this year so I guess he has to go again as well lol.

It was good seeing you guys again hopefully we see you guys next year. I felt bad that @bronze_10 didn't get to do the lock last year or this year so I guess he has to go again as well lol.
as long as you guys put it on i will be there.. but i think we r done with the holiday inn express... too freaking expensive!

Great video! I can't believe that I forgot my GoPro, would have been fun to learn to use and edit the video. Also, we didn't mind waiting, gave us time to eat lunch since we left the house at 0630. Looking forward to making the run again next year.

Back