• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

3D Printed Boat Stuff

Bluewater272

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've seen a few folks around here mention being into 3D printing, or printing stuff that is at least related to boating. Designed a couple small things for a minor QoL improvement. Happy to share STLs if anyone is interested in these. Anyone else have any neat boating things they've printed?

Extension Cord Hanger - Just slides onto the shorelander trailer and gives me a place to coil up the extra extension cord that I run to the boat for the charger, keeps it out of the dirt. Just lifts right off when its time to go boating. Printed in ABS.

IMG_3771.jpeg

Anchor Hanger
- Upgraded my anchor a few years ago to the Fortress FX7, great anchor but its just the shank is a touch taller than the compartment is designed for, so it never fit tight to the bottom of the V slot and rattled around just enough to be annoying. Printed these in flexible TPU and epoxied in place, so it fits nice and snug and the anchor stock can't move in any direction once the hatch is closed.

IMG_3782.jpeg

IMG_3781.jpeg

the extension cord holder is really cool... can you share the STL file? Thanks!

Here is a mount for an attwood mast LED light that I printed. As you can see, it doesn't match the curvature perfectly, but it works great. Its held in by the set screw on the side. I didn't drill through the tow point and instead ran the wire with a 2 pin SAE connector. So it needs to be unplugged to put the wakeboard rope around it. Not a big deal. I'm glad to get rid of the crappy OEM mast light

IMG_3969.JPG

As someone who finds a need to design more stuff out of work than I do at work, count me in! So far I’ve only 3d printed trash bag hangers for the helm door and table tube adapters for a tv mount come football season. I’m sure I’ll design more stuff as I tear into the sound system.

Here is a mount for an attwood mast LED light that I printed. As you can see, it doesn't match the curvature perfectly, but it works great. Its held in by the set screw on the side. I didn't drill through the tow point and instead ran the wire with a 2 pin SAE connector. So it needs to be unplugged to put the wakeboard rope around it. Not a big deal. I'm glad to get rid of the crappy OEM mast light

View attachment 182220
This is awesome... I need one of these in a bad way. I have the magnetic base mount battery light. It hangs by a shitty velcro strap. Is there a file for this, or is this your design?

This is awesome... I need one of these in a bad way. I have the magnetic base mount battery light. It hangs by a shitty velcro strap. Is there a file for this, or is this your design?

It's my design, but its free for you to use. You can either glue it on or find a threading screw to use as a set screw.
You can run the wire through the tow point and drill through it. People have done it. But use a really good drill bit because I was using a cheap amazon bit and it snapped inside. So I ended up running the wires externally with a quick connector.

Attachments

Thanks man, this is awesome!

Did some content disappear from this thread? I swear there used to be more…
Anyhow, this has me inspired. I love to tinker and have never done any digital design or 3d printing, but I’d like to try. I’m thinking about trying to design a wedge block that could support the folded tower on my ‘14 AR190. Right now I jam a bumper in there when I drop the tower to put it in my garage.
Any free apps for the iPad Pro anyone can suggest for a design newbie?

Has anyone 3d printed a in/out air hose connector to replace the old Navonics wired stereo control on the back of many older boats?

Has anyone 3d printed a in/out air hose connector to replace the old Navonics wired stereo control on the back of many older boats?

I put a Fusion remote where the factory remote was.

Put this on the other side.

I put a Fusion remote where the factory remote was.

Put this on the other side.

That's very slick. Are you saying that was 3d printed air panel? Can you share the STL if so or link the product?

Did some content disappear from this thread? I swear there used to be more…
Anyhow, this has me inspired. I love to tinker and have never done any digital design or 3d printing, but I’d like to try. I’m thinking about trying to design a wedge block that could support the folded tower on my ‘14 AR190. Right now I jam a bumper in there when I drop the tower to put it in my garage.
Any free apps for the iPad Pro anyone can suggest for a design newbie?

thingiverse.com would be an easy solution to design what you’re describing

It's my design, but its free for you to use. You can either glue it on or find a threading screw to use as a set screw.
You can run the wire through the tow point and drill through it. People have done it. But use a really good drill bit because I was using a cheap amazon bit and it snapped inside. So I ended up running the wires externally with a quick connector.
@Bruce you think you could help a brother out again?

@Bruce you think you could help a brother out again?

@I_squared_r, did you print yours in PETG, ABS or something else that holds up to sun exposure? Would you like to sell one to 1BadTundra? If not I will work something out with him but this is your design.

@I_squared_r, did you print yours in PETG, ABS or something else that holds up to sun exposure? Would you like to sell one to 1BadTundra? If not I will work something out with him but this is your design.

ABS is fine for sun exposure. I probably have ABS parts on at least 100+ jet skis for 6+ years and I've never heard of failure due to sun or salt water.
You can print it for him. My brother has disassembled our 3D printer a long time ago and never fixed it..

Thanks Bruce. This is exactly what I was looking for.

We are really enjoying the ease of inflation after installing. I wanted to build this in 2020 but did not get around to it until 2021. Lots of designing and test fitting parts over a week or two.

Should be able to get yours in the mail this evening. Please let me know if you have any questions installing.

Back