• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

3D Printed Boat Stuff

We are really enjoying the ease of inflation after installing. I wanted to build this in 2020 but did not get around to it until 2021. Lots of designing and test fitting parts over a week or two.

Should be able to get yours in the mail this evening. Please let me know if you have any questions installing.
I assume the hose is not included, as I didn't see it on the list. Besides the hose what else do I need to purchase separately? I have had the same hose inflator since 2012 too! I stopped using it because it was too loud. I bought a the airhead pig inflator instead and that thing is awesome. It's what made this mod less needed because it worked so well and quietly. However after seeing your post and custom made kit it got me back into the mod list. I am already doing a bunch of switch and ballast upgrades so I might as well sneak this one in too while I have all the tools out.

@jetboater4life, the kit includes everything you need except for the inflator, hose and tools.

This is a minor problem that has bugged me for years. Most of the cupholders on my boat will not fit my favorite water bottle holder, and somehow I never thought to print something until yesterday. Printing another now to try and vapor smooth so its slightly more attractive.

Before/After (excuse the dirty dash). File attached for anyone who wants it.

IMG_0672.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

Attachments

@Bruce, I have a Nixy pump that has threads on both ends of the hose. I would love to upgrade the hose to a longer more flexible one. Looked all over the internet for an adapter, no luck. Would it be possible to make one? I was thinking (1)friction fit for the hose with garden hose threads (1)friction fit with pump threads for other end of hose and (2) the correct pump threads with garden hose threads on the another adapters. My thought was I could put quick connects onto them to eliminate the hassle. The air panel kit would handy but as you can see I would still have to adjust the psi depending on what I was inflating. Sorry if this sounds stupid and doesn’t make sense. It was just a thought. Maybe you have a better idea? Here’s the pump I have. 7E8B1759-D209-4B0D-97B0-FC5353E9BA8D.png

@Bruce, I have a Nixy pump that has threads on both ends of the hose. I would love to upgrade the hose to a longer more flexible one. Looked all over the internet for an adapter, no luck. Would it be possible to make one? I was thinking (1)friction fit for the hose with garden hose threads (1)friction fit with pump threads for other end of hose and (2) the correct pump threads with garden hose threads on the another adapters. My thought was I could put quick connects onto them to eliminate the hassle. The air panel kit would handy but as you can see I would still have to adjust the psi depending on what I was inflating. Sorry if this sounds stupid and doesn’t make sense. It was just a thought. Maybe you have a better idea? Here’s the pump I have. View attachment 184286

I was trying to think of a way to put this type of pump under the seat or the engine compartment to cut down on the noise. I don't mind opening the compartment to turn it on. I tried searching all over amazon for adapters, or ways to extend that hose so I could coil it inside the engine compartment and pull it through the intake when I need to inflate the SUP. I couldn't find anything because I don't know if that's a standard thread and if so, whats the name?

I was trying to think of a way to put this type of pump under the seat or the engine compartment to cut down on the noise. I don't mind opening the compartment to turn it on. I tried searching all over amazon for adapters, or ways to extend that hose so I could coil it inside the engine compartment and pull it through the intake when I need to inflate the SUP. I couldn't find anything because I don't know if that's a standard thread and if so, whats the name?

yeah, I tried to figure out the threads too, no luck. Maybe Bruce can help us out?!

@Shack, @I_squared_r, that is a very cool pump.

It looks like both ends of the hose have the same female connector. I suggest taking one of the end fittings into a hardware store or plumbing supply to figure out what fits.

Once you know the size of the threads then you could shop for fittings and an appropriate hose.

I could print ends for you but I think you would be better off with plumbing fittings if they are available. The AirPanel has a maximum of around 3 PSI. I am guessing your pump is closer to 15 PSI.

Figure out what those threads are and lets look for options.

@Shack, @I_squared_r, that is a very cool pump.

It looks like both ends of the hose have the same female connector. I suggest taking one of the end fittings into a hardware store or plumbing supply to figure out what fits.

Once you know the size of the threads then you could shop for fittings and an appropriate hose.

I could print ends for you but I think you would be better off with plumbing fittings if they are available. The AirPanel has a maximum of around 3 PSI. I am guessing your pump is closer to 15 PSI.

Figure out what those threads are and lets look for options.

Thanks for the suggestion Bruce, they actually go up to 20 psi lol. I will do some looking around and see if I can find adapters to make it work. I will post if I come up with something.

Thanks for the suggestion Bruce, they actually go up to 20 psi lol. I will do some looking around and see if I can find adapters to make it work. I will post if I come up with something.

I have the same style pump. Rebranded, but exactly the same. It works fantastic. Set your PSI and walk away. 2 stage pump, Max 20 PSI. I wanted a longer hose as well, couldn't find one so I got one of these.. Solved my problem of inflating the dock at the back of the transom as well as the Super Mable.

Amazon.com: EPAuto 12V 12' Foot Heavy Duty Extension Cord with Cigarette Lighter Plug Socket : Automotive

If you do come up with something, I would be very interested in making it work with a longer hose as well.

I have the same style pump. Rebranded, but exactly the same. It works fantastic. Set your PSI and walk away. 2 stage pump, Max 20 PSI. I wanted a longer hose as well, couldn't find one so I got one of these.. Solved my problem of inflating the dock at the back of the transom as well as the Super Mable.

Amazon.com: EPAuto 12V 12' Foot Heavy Duty Extension Cord with Cigarette Lighter Plug Socket : Automotive

If you do come up with something, I would be very interested in making it work with a longer has as well.

That’s a good alternative!

@Bruce, I have a Nixy pump that has threads on both ends of the hose. I would love to upgrade the hose to a longer more flexible one. Looked all over the internet for an adapter, no luck. Would it be possible to make one? I was thinking (1)friction fit for the hose with garden hose threads (1)friction fit with pump threads for other end of hose and (2) the correct pump threads with garden hose threads on the another adapters. My thought was I could put quick connects onto them to eliminate the hassle. The air panel kit would handy but as you can see I would still have to adjust the psi depending on what I was inflating. Sorry if this sounds stupid and doesn’t make sense. It was just a thought. Maybe you have a better idea? Here’s the pump I have. View attachment 184286

How about putting a 5/8" tubing and clamp around this adapter? And then a reducing adapter to change the 13/16" Halkey-roberts to the 5/8" tubing?

1659441875388.png

that could work, any chance they make a female adapter like that (probably not) to get rid of the stock hose completely?
I still want to be able to use use different ends.

that could work, any chance they make a female adapter like that (probably not) to get rid of the stock hose completely?
I still want to be able to use use different ends.

I don't know. I've never seen this type of threaded fitting before.

New stern light... stern light 2.pngstern light 5.pngstern light 6.png

I don't know. I've never seen this type of threaded fitting before.

im gonna try to go to menards this week and see if I can find anything with matching threads. Why couldn’t they just use garden hose threads?

im gonna try to go to menards this week and see if I can find anything with matching threads. Why couldn’t they just use garden hose threads?

I was thinking about measuring the OD of the pump's male threaded fitting and see if a standard plastic pipe fitting can slip over it and glue it with ABS glue or epoxy. It solves the problem because then it's a standard fitting.

Ok. So I measured 23.05mm with my micrometer. This McMaster-Carr has a 23.77mm ID
Then it's trying to find out how to make the hose from that 1" NPT

Would someone like to 3D print a pair of dog bones for the 200lb ballast sacks used by the 19's?
Would it be strong enough?
How much would it cost?
See photo as reference.

Attachments

• 20220704_182550.jpg
    20220704_182550.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Would someone like to 3D print a pair of dog bones for the 200lb ballast sacks used by the 19's?
Would it be strong enough?
How much would it cost?
See photo as reference.
Maybe some CF-12 Nylon would be strong enough for that kind of application? Not sure how many have the setup to print nylon though - it's pretty tricky and need a high temp extruder and enclosed printer.

Back