• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff $550 - Set of 3500' altitude pitched impellers

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sysinu, Thanks again for all your help. I was able to talk to SVM and it looks like it is a possibility to have them repitched for 5000' under warranty. I also picked up the RIVA intake spacers and K&N filters. One question I have concerns the orientation of the RIVA spacer. I watched your video on Youtube (great BTW), I believe you indicated inserting the spacer with the arrow pointing the motor (with air flow and how every other uses the arrow to determine air flow) and not to the throttle body like the instructions. Am I missing something? I noticed these instructions use an older boat for reference.
@Bryan L Hopefully you got the right part kit, they changed the intake manifold back and forth around 2014/2015. It is posted somewhere here.
I just did mine some time ago, installed those in the direction as per instructions. Also removed the "snorkels" which helps the air flow, no need for better air filters after that.

upload_2016-11-11_16-49-38.png

upload_2016-11-11_16-45-19.png

--

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I figured you did it right. Strange that they would have the arrow pointing to the throttle body and not as an air flow indicator.
I figured the intake may be different. Matter of fact, I recalled reading about that same thing a while ago. Nonetheless, I called RIVA and got the part number. Thanks again for your help.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sysinu, Thanks again for all your help. I was able to talk to SVM and it looks like it is a possibility to have them repitched for 5000' under warranty. I also picked up the RIVA intake spacers and K&N filters. One question I have concerns the orientation of the RIVA spacer. I watched your video on Youtube (great BTW), I believe you indicated inserting the spacer with the arrow pointing the motor (with air flow and how every other uses the arrow to determine air flow) and not to the throttle body like the instructions. Am I missing something? I noticed these instructions use an older boat for reference.
Not sure. I thought I followed the instructions :D. They said that the rubber housing needed to have the "spines" going in a direction relative to the arrow on the insert. A lot of people just take the ribbon out and don't even put in the insert :D.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure. I thought I followed the instructions :D. They said that the rubber housing needed to have the "spines" going in a direction relative to the arrow on the insert. A lot of people just take the ribbon out and don't even put in the insert :D.
Sorry to have taken this long to get back. You were correct in the video. Unfortunately, I ran into an issue back when I did the ribbon removal. I dropped one of the throttle body bolts under the motor. Never to be seen again. Wierd since the is nowhere for it to disappear. Thinking it may reappear once the boat jars around on the water. Secondly, while re-torquing another throttle body bolt to the 13 Nm, the bolt broke. I haven't pulled the broken bolt out of the manifold yet. It's been tough sledding for such an easy project.

I hope you had a great holiday and can stay warm up there in PC.

Take care

Nauticajetter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @Bryan L , I just saw this post during random browsing. Did you buy your boat from dicks? That is where we got ours and they had us take our boat out a couple of times to ensure we wanted high elevation impellers. After a couple trips to pineview I asked and they got Yamaha to warranty the new impellers. Bad part was we had to wait till end of season because of their backlog. I am very interested to know how well the riva works for you as I am pitched for 5000 and worry that if I do it I will over rev, I will have to see the Difference these impellers make before I go that route though. It's good to meet you guys, hopefully we can run into you out on the water and figure out the best combo for this elevation.

Last edited:

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @Nauticajetter, great to hear from you! Yes, we did buy the boat from Dicks. The conversation of props never came up initially, but it wasn't until we were out on the water the first handful of times where I felt a change in performance was needed. I haven't had the boat out since installing the RIVA intake rings. I am expecting a small gain in RPM's and some help getting those props spinning. It is a fairly easy install, except when I broke one of throttle body bolts. I feel that every little bit helps at altitude. I do plan to repitch the props this spring. We do go to Bear Lake as well so, I'm not sure of the best pitch angles yet. I would like to hear from you after you get out with those new props.

I will definitely look out for you this summer. Would be great to bounce some ideas around.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The difference in getting them repitched for 4500' altitude is huge. Even with having the ribbon delete. I have a set of 3500' and 6500' impellers and I prefer my 6500' impellers for every lake other than Powell.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu @Nauticajetter, since I am usually playing on Pineview ~5000' and dabble a few weekends at Bear ~6000', I was thinking about something in between ~5500'. Any thoughts?

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bryan L - I would do 4500' altitude and then do the ribbon delete/spacer insert. Bear Lake is big enough to open her up, but I don't think you'll ever really top out there no matter how you are pitched. Mine are pitched for 6500' and I have done the ribbon delete. If I were to do it again, I would pitch 4500'. At Rockport (~6000'), I can blow out my holeshot if the boat isn't loaded up with ballast and people if I WOT from stopped. At Powell, it's the same story - maybe a little worse. I have some 3500' screws and I love their performance at Powell, but I HATE their performance at Rockport. 4500' altitude pitched screws are the way to go for all of Utah!

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu ,@Nauticajetter Just got the boat back with the impellers repitched through South Valley Motorsports. Went with the 4500'. Havn't had a chance to get her out yet. Her performance was better than any stern drive I have ever driven except when making hard to lock turns where speed scrubed off a ton. I can't wait to see the difference this makes. Few more spring time mods left to do. Thanks again for all your help, sysinu! BTW, the people at South Valley Motorsports are fantastic!

Nauticajetter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@bryanL We definitely need a side by side review one day. Supposedly dicks used a company in Denver to repitch my impellers and they stated that they were shooting for 5k elevation since pineview, bear lake, and flaming gorge are our usual yearly hot spots. I was slightly disappointed that they did not use impros as I have heard that's who south valley and everyone else uses, but they assured me they have gotten great results from the company they used. We also put on the AK and fangs and I can't wait to get out! If only we could stop the spring snow storms and gets some warmer water!!

Last edited:

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, that will be fun. I cant imagine a huge difference between 4500 and 5000 feet of elevation. This is my first jet boat experience and I have learned a lot. I put the AK and fangs on at the end of last year and i thought it was a great upgrade, despite only getting a few trips to Pineview to test. Even my dad thought it handled the same if not better than any stern drive we grew on. I have zero complaints about low speed maneuverability on these boats as well. Was in Huntsville today and Pineview is still very murky with a decent amount driftwood floating around. Want to take the boat out soon, but waiting for the water to come up and clear out. Since we moved to Utah 3 years, we have not made a trip to Flaming Gorge yet. That may happen this summer.

Nauticajetter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You must go to the gorge. It's my favorite. ( never done Powell) The gorge is such a fun time especially if you can camp and have friends and just leave the boats a ways off shore anchored at night. They have such great coves , fishing, open areas and just all out beauty. I am bummed that our big yearly trip this year may get cancelled due to timing conflicts within our group. Must... get.. back ha ha. I am wondering if they are keeping pineview so low preparing for the quick runoff expected this year? It's depressing to drive by lately and see the shape it's in. Spring fever is getting me good this year. I am ready to boat!

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just sold our camper and yeah its a shame that Pineview is so low. It would make sense to keep it low with all the snow still on the mountains. Sorry @sysinu for highjacking this tread. A few of my friends have mentioned Rockport as a great place to go as well.

Brian Griffith

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The difference in getting them repitched for 4500' altitude is huge. Even with having the ribbon delete. I have a set of 3500' and 6500' impellers and I prefer my 6500' impellers for every lake other than Powell.
Noob question... How easy/hard is it to change out impellers? Once I buy my YJB I will be between 6000 and ~3500 (powell) and am debating how to play this summer. I might be interested in buying this set of impellers and then having the ones that come with the boat sent out and pitched for 6000. Does everyone pretty much use Impros or is their another game in town? I know I was reading about a dealer who would repitch but they were no where near me.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Brian Griffith I bought this boat back in July of 2016 and was my first jet powered boat. With that being said, the removal of both the jet pump housing and the impeller is not terribly hard. From my understanding, the problem arises from trying to remove the impeller from the drive shaft. That's the real obstacle. I know there is a removal tool to help, but it is rumored that they are stuck on really hard and tough to break free. I am hoping since the dealer performed all the work, the impellers will not be that difficult to remove when I head back east and swap back to sea-level screws. The two Yamaha dealers around the Wasatch Front ship to two different shops to have the impellers repitched. South Valley uses Impros and Dick's use some place in Colorado. I couldn't tell you about any difference in workmanship quality. Impros seems to have a good reputation and specializes in this field. @sysinu plays up at Rockport (~6000) and use 6500' impellers and I think he stated he can blow out his hole shot. You should hit him up and see what he thinks. I believe he also stated that he would have rather gone with 4500'. I was thinking about 5000' and both South Valley and sysinu suggested sticking with 4500' for all around Utah, except Powell. After boating with sea level screws and now going with 4500's I cant imagine the huge difference. Hope that helps.

Here's a video on the jet pump removal.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys, had the boat out last week for the first time at Pineview. 66 degree water temps and still a little cloudy, but really full! The mods were awesome! The re-pitch did exactly what it needed to do. It freed up the engines and allowed them to sing throughout the powerband. Wow, just WOW! @Nauticajetter, your 5000' re-pitch should be fine and should crush it at higher altitude. I was able to hit 47 mph @ 7500 rpm. Huge improvement! Thanks again @sysinu!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys, had the boat out last week for the first time at Pineview. 66 degree water temps and still a little cloudy, but really full! The mods were awesome! The re-pitch did exactly what it needed to do. It freed up the engines and allowed them to sing throughout the powerband. Wow, just WOW! @Nauticajetter, your 5000' re-pitch should be fine and should crush it at higher altitude. I was able to hit 47 mph @ 7500 rpm. Huge improvement! Thanks again @sysinu!
I am really glad it worked out for you! Pineview is a nice lake! I am about to be spoiled at Rockport, I rented a slip for the year. It's a smaller lake and it doesn't get tremendously warm in terms of water temp, but it's right across the street from me :).