1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Want to buy your boat a Labor Day gift beacuse it works so hard to keep you happy? How about some Cobra Jet Steering? Jeff at CobraSteering has a sale on a variety of steering system combos for Yamaha jet boats and special pricing for the 4 tec steering for forum members

Click Here for Deep Discounts on Cobra Jet Steering while it lasts!!!!!!

You can dismiss this notice (if you are a member) by clicking the "X" in the upper right>>>>>>>>>

Dismiss Notice
  3. Reminder of the Seadeck group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until SEPTEMBER 30th to get in on this group buy - which HAS ALREADY reached the 30% discount point!

So if you are looking to replace that old worn or stinky carpeting and get an awesome new look for your boat, or perhaps your stock swim platform is crumbling and leaving black crap on you and your guests when you sit on it.....look no further! Don't miss this opportunity as this only happens once a year!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

97 Yamaha Exciter 220 - time to retire - junk it or sell it?

Discussion in 'Yamaha Exciter & XR1800' started by Kahuna58, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Kahuna58

Kahuna58 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX192
    Boat Length:
    I just took delivery of a SX195. My old faithful '97 exciter 220 is being retired. I just can't bear to junk it. I know it is not worth much. None of the gauges work anymore. But the engines and pumps are like new and the hull/seats/cushions are pretty good for being 21 yrs old. Any ideas of what I should/could do with it? I know from personal experience that parts are hard to come by. It served well this whole time and still blazes around the lake.

2. boudin

boudin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +213 / 8
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Post it on Craigslist for $2k. Wide audience for a decent boat in that price range.

-Greg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. M@__

M@__ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    LX
    Boat Length:
    Agree. 2-3k.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DCB-270

DCB-270 Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +328 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SS
    Boat Length:
    Keep it just for scaring people.:eek: Wish I still had mine just for playing around.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kahuna58

Kahuna58 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX192
    Boat Length:
    Agreement with family was - new boat means old boat gotta go. But I know I am gonna miss it. Submarine moves like you dream about, outrunning pwc's, little boat pulling monster 8' diameter 4 person tube and having the oomph to make the tube plane. Oh well, all things must come to an end.

6. robert cabrerea

robert cabrerea Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +104 / 6
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    The Exciter is one fun . boat I made the same upgrade only from a 135 single to a sx190 . you will miss that speed. Give it to a friend for cheap so u can get your rocks off once in a blue moon. Congrats on the new one!

• Like Like x 1
  7. jacoviii

jacoviii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Exciter
    Boat Length:
    I sold mine for 7k in '18 march