• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to me 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
quick tip for those that use the Mooring cover, for Mooring. Those pockets are directly over your cleats. So you can pull your cover down tight over night, and just open the cleat pocket to tie up your boat.

My guess is you had it tied up real nice, and then chose to throw the cover on after the fact. Less chance of it blowing off as well.

Great photos!

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
quick tip for those that use the Mooring cover, for Mooring.
Great photos!
I’ve done it both ways. You obviously need to tie up the boat when you get back to the dock. So most of the time I’m lazy and I just pull the cover over the tied line. When we were gone for 2 days I re-tied the boat through the cover pockets.

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Love the pics! I am totally jealous. You have the incorporated Bimini on the tower! That is sweet.

I have the same 2011 boat but a 242 limited with no S. Which means no factory wake tower. I have a wake tower, aftermarket... and I run the stock Bimini under the tower. Wish I had one ON the tower instead. Looks more finished.

Either way- great looking boat. :D and the sea lions on the tanker made me LOL.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Whoever designed this glovebox needs to have both of their thumbs removed and every handle in their life replaced with the profile of this compartment. Has anyone come up with a better way to use/open this box? I thought I might add a small handle, just screw it through the lid.
View attachment 154978
My Thrust Vectors aren't the same as shown on the JetBoatPilot website. I assume they are an earlier model. They seem to have less 'fin' than the newer ones. Would it be worth an upgrade?
View attachment 154979
I was literally cussing up a storm this past weekend due to that stupid twist to open joke of a grip on the compartment box as well. I am still confused to this very day on why or how that became the end design they went with!!!!