• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

97 Yamaha Exciter 220 - time to retire - junk it or sell it?

Kahuna58

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I just took delivery of a SX195. My old faithful '97 exciter 220 is being retired. I just can't bear to junk it. I know it is not worth much. None of the gauges work anymore. But the engines and pumps are like new and the hull/seats/cushions are pretty good for being 21 yrs old. Any ideas of what I should/could do with it? I know from personal experience that parts are hard to come by. It served well this whole time and still blazes around the lake.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Post it on Craigslist for $2k. Wide audience for a decent boat in that price range.

-Greg

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Agree. 2-3k.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Keep it just for scaring people.:eek: Wish I still had mine just for playing around.

Kahuna58

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Keep it just for scaring people.:eek: Wish I still had mine just for playing around.
Agreement with family was - new boat means old boat gotta go. But I know I am gonna miss it. Submarine moves like you dream about, outrunning pwc's, little boat pulling monster 8' diameter 4 person tube and having the oomph to make the tube plane. Oh well, all things must come to an end.

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Exciter is one fun . boat I made the same upgrade only from a 135 single to a sx190 . you will miss that speed. Give it to a friend for cheap so u can get your rocks off once in a blue moon. Congrats on the new one!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where are you located? I might know a guy that would be in for something like this.