• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A new jetboat brand just launched

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's called KYMA boats. The boat will be powered by a Indmar V8 coupled to a jet drive.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
"telepathic digital controls" - what?

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I honestly feel that I am looking at an AI generated product launch. Almost all cgi images with few exceptions. Even the website is slim on actual information.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
The Instagram link shows actual boats.
I saw pics of one real boat. And really only cryptic snippets at that. No specs and no pics or video of the thing in the water. Is it a required marketing class that teaches everyone that not showing the whole shebang is the equivalent of excitement. Well not for me. The lingerie only gets in the way.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Been watching every movement of this since Jetboatpilot linked to it a few weeks back.

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I assume the impeller pitch will be way higher than Yamaha's? The increased torque plus that 6.2 probably redlines somewhere around 6k, right?

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I saw pics of one real boat. And really only cryptic snippets at that. No specs and no pics or video of the thing in the water. Is it a required marketing class that teaches everyone that not showing the whole shebang is the equivalent of excitement. Well not for me. The lingerie only gets in the way.
I'm not even thinking about buying a boat from a company that doesn't have a single picture or video of it in the water, let alone running. Not on their website, not on their social media.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I assume the impeller pitch will be way higher than Yamaha's? The increased torque plus that 6.2 probably redlines somewhere around 6k, right?
They said at surfing speeds it would be right at 3400 rpms which is the sweet spot for the motor and that it gets better fuel mileage than any current jetboat option (including yamaha and scarab). And yeah the motor being based off the F250, I think, it's a pretty low redline. At 150-170k there's a TON of well established V drive brands. I'm not sure what their target market is. The budget area probably would have been better suited. If they would have gone with all analog, opti V type hull, big motor, huge ballast, with all physical switches in the 70-80k range they wouldn't be able to make those boats fast enough they'd sell so quick.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The funny thing is I have been saying for years, someone needs to build something like this. This would be the perfect boat for people that boat in rivers and want to surf. Keep in mind we go up River to hang out and head down to River to deeper water for water sports. This is one of the main reasons I still have a Yamaha. I asked Indmar a couple years ago when they came out with the 2.3 Ecoboost marine motor about a similar application. At the end of the day if it’s priced well they will sell, however if it’s over a 100k I don’t think they will sell well (at 150k there are too many options in the wake boats, other than the draft I’m not sure it will hold any other advantage).

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The funny thing is I have been saying for years, someone needs to build something like this. This would be the perfect boat for people that boat in rivers and want to surf. Keep in mind we go up River to hang out and head down to River to deeper water for water sports. This is one of the main reasons I still have a Yamaha. I asked Indmar a couple years ago when they came out with the 2.3 Ecoboost marine motor about a similar application. At the end of the day if it’s priced well they will sell, however if it’s over a 100k I don’t think they will sell well (at 150k there are too many options in the wake boats, other than the draft I’m no sure it will hold any other advantage).
This is exactly what they have to do is define their niche. As others will look at this and ask, what is the most innefficient way of putting all the power to the water? A jet, that's it. It will be horrible in comparison to a big brass prop.