• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A Quick Trailer Wheel Question

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I found a good deal on a trailer tire which includes the wheel. The trailer (a 2010 MFI) for the 242 LS has 205 75 D14 (or F78-14ST) biased tires. Amazon has a deal on the tire and wheel for $41 (shipping is $34) but still all 4 for $300 (load range "C"). The bolt pattern is a 5 bolt with a 4.5" PCD. My question is does anyone know if the PCD is 4.5" on these trailers? I am not at the trailer this weekend so I can't go measure them myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not sure what bolt pattern but they sell galvanized tire/wheel combos at wal mart here.

You would do better to get just the rim (if you need rims) and get some radial tires for them. Bias tires suck. I put freestars on my trailer. WAY better than the bias tires that came on it.

Radials tow better and last a lot longer.

I was going down that path but thought we needed the bias tires due to the weight. I put radials on my utility trailer and have had no problems. If you are running radials with no issues that is great to hear! Also good to hear the pattern is the 4.5". Thanks for the replies.

Most everyone switches over to radial tires for our boats/trailers.

When I got my boat one of the first things I did was remove the bias ply tires and put on a pair of Maxxi radial trailer tires. It made the trailer tow like it was a totally different vehicle. If I remember right, the price was about $400 installed at America's Tire. Make the switch and don't look back.

It is definitely a 5 on 4.5. I agree with the masses that radials are the way to go. I have Maxxis radials on both my boat trailer and the camper. If the boat trailer had a slightly larger wheel I would have probably moved to a LT tire, but that is for a different thread.

Thanks for all the information. I ordered the four radial tires (1760 load rating) on rims with shipping for $308. I could not have got this price locally for just the tires when you consider mounting ($12 to $15), disposal ($3) plus tax for each tire. I am glad to finally get this done and replace the dry rot tires.

That's a great price @rkluck Make sure to post up pics with links. There's got to be quite a few guys that would love to go the same route.

So two days later the tires are here (WOW!). I have pictures of them attached. This weekend I will put them on the trailer.

20151015_151600.jpg 20151015_151608.jpg 20151015_151628.jpg 20151015_151646.jpg

Plastidip the rims black! That would look awesome!!!

Back