• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Abacos 2019

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is anyone planning a trip to Abacos in 2019?
We went this past june to Bimini and are thinking about going to Abacos next june 2019
Just curious if anyone else has plans to go

DIRTYOAR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
do you have any info on this trip?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I plan on hitting Abacos in July 2019.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
do you have any info on this trip?
You will find a ton of information in these forums about Abacos. Plenty of amazing people here that will provide you with all the information you need.

DIRTYOAR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
What route are you planning on taking?
Haven’t decided yet but will mostly be from west palm beach straight down to west end.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this even English? Or did you start drinking without me? hahaha
now you started sounding like @swatski LMAO
Etall = et al. you know @robert843 is kind like the spoke person for the group that went to exhuma , abacos etc

Et al. is an abbreviation for et alia (neuter plural). But it can also be an abbreviation for et alii (masculine plural), or et aliae (feminine plural). This phrase means “and others.” ... According to The Cambridge Dictionary, also, extra, and in addition are synonyms with similar meanings to et al.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Etall = et al. you know @robert843 is kind like the spoke person for the group that went to exhuma , abacos etc

Et al. is an abbreviation for et alia (neuter plural). But it can also be an abbreviation for et alii (masculine plural), or et aliae (feminine plural). This phrase means “and others.” ... According to The Cambridge Dictionary, also, extra, and in addition are synonyms with similar meanings to et al.
Okay, thank you. We get it.

upload_2018-12-18_17-28-20.png

--

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

WoW where can I get the special jetboaters.net dictionary??

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
now you started sounding like @robert843 is kind like the spoke person for the group that went to exhuma , abacos etc
I don't know if I would say spokesman as much as the last person of the crew still slumming it on a Yamaha Jet Boat lol the rest of the crew has upgraded to Cobalts or boats with 3 or 4 racing outboards on the back and they don't really spend much of time on here anymore. @Gadiel we left West Palm and went to West End refueled and cleared customs. We left West End and went to Spanish Cay and refueled and then continued on to Treasure Cay where we stayed. Treasure Cay was nice it is a protected harbor that they close off with a security fence every night. If have any specific questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them. A lot of info can be found in the below thread or by searching #abaco2017

https://jetboaters.net/threads/abaco-bahamas-trip-june-2017.13785/

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know if I would say spokesman as much as the last person of the crew still slumming it on a Yamaha Jet Boat lol the rest of the crew has upgraded to Cobalts or boats with 3 or 4 racing outboards on the back and they don't really spend much of time on here anymore. @Gadiel we left West Palm and went to West End refueled and cleared customs. We left West End and went to Spanish Cay and refueled and then continued on to Treasure Cay where we stayed. Treasure Cay was nice it is a protected harbor that they close off with a security fence every night. If have any specific questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them. A lot of info can be found in the below thread or by searching #abaco2017

https://jetboaters.net/threads/abaco-bahamas-trip-june-2017.13785/
Thanks for the info
I’ll study it!! Hopefully I can learn something from the pros!!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What route are you planning on taking?
Here are a couple of route tips.

Once you leave West End and head to Abaco you will only be in about 10' to 15' of water for the next 130 miles.

1. When leaving West End, you will want to stay west of Indian Cay Channel markers, this will also take you north for about 3 miles before turning east, the Bahama shelf is very shallow east of these markers.
2. Make sure you have extra fuel (10 gallons should be plenty) for the run from West End to Spanish Cay, @1984Isaac 2015 AR240 and my Cobalt both took 49 gallons of fuel to get there and that was in very calm seas.

After getting fuel in Spanish Cay, just about a mile north of the marina, just off the southern end of the runway, and about 100' off someones dock is a airplane in the water to snorkel. On Google maps you can see the plane in the water, the clear spot just off the dock.

upload_2018-12-19_7-36-38.png