• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ACL recommendations / experience please

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was going to tell you to write "wrong knee" with a sharpie on your good knee so they don't mess up!!! But looks like your in the clear.

Reactions: 007

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was going to tell you to write "wrong knee" with a sharpie on your good knee so they don't mess up!!! But looks like your in the clear.
Interestingly enough @BigN8, we asked the doc about that before surgery. He says the rule in their practice is don't write anything on the good one. It can get smudged during prep or somebody could read it wrong. So, only ink on the knee that got worked on!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Julie was admiring your knee and hopes you have a good PT!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
and hopes to be surfing with you next July.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Which option did you go with? I went with the hamstring graft but I was 26 when I had surgery. It was the only route my doctor wanted to go as he claimed the recovery is faster. Surprisingly it did not hurt as much as I expected. I was off the "good stuff" just after 24 hours. I just hit the one year mark with zero issues. This is what my hamstring looked like after 7 days though....
IMG_1430.JPG

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ouch @Helipilot11 ! Hamstring is much better for younger guys lol. Did cadaver this time. Healing much faster than the patella I did on the other knee.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Good luck with the recovery. I have to say the recovery is the hardest part and one of the hardest things i have done in my life. No one knows truly how hard it is unless they experience it. Luckily the Army paid the bill for mine but on the other hand they expect you to perform after recovery. I sure hope I never have to have an ACL replacement on my other knee; however the statistics say it is highly likely though.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
image.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Bro, those staples look nasty. Since you been through it before you know what to do but once you get going on the bike things come quick.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Happiness! +30 degrees range in motion increase, off crutches (though slow), off med and Staples out! All in one week!
image.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad to see you up and running, so to speak. Lol.

Kinda strange that my left knee started clicking big time last week......I popped my knee 10 years ago and I think it's finally coming back to bite me.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@007 I predict you will be on a surfboard next week.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
6 month checkup this morning was a success!!! 6 more months to really get 100%, but doc says I can go play (carefully) as soon as I am brave enough to hop in the water. Current water temp is 43.2 degrees at the surface. :wideyed::eek:

I have a friend threatening to drop his boat in the water in March, hopefully the water is at least 50 degrees by then. My current record for surfing in cold water is 56 degrees. I'm not as hardy as you northern folks like @bobbie and @buckbuck ! :p:D