• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding speakers and upgrading stereo

Waterbuda2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi, I am new to this forum and looking for some help on additional speaker placement on my 2015 Yamaha SX240. I bought an 8 channel amp and 8 new speakers to upgrade my factory system. I am planning to replace the 4 factory speakers that come installed in the boat and I know I will add two to the rear swim deck are. I am going to put them in the location that the ARs have and getting the cushions reshaped. So them that leaves adding two speakers to the midcabin. I have hear people adding them by the throttle and capacity plate on the drivers side and by the passenger captain seat on the port side, however I am wondering if there is enough room. Any help here would be great.

I am also looking for guidance on the lights in the speakers. I am thinking about connecting them to the cabin lights and switch them using that same circuit but looking for feedback what others have done. The only reason I got the speakers with lights is so that at night I have a little more light in the boat.

Bruce

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Most RGB rings have a separate controller and or an app to us for ease and customization. I’m going to assume your leds are just one color? If so then yes I guess you could tap into the cabin lights. As for the mid cabin depth I can’t answer as I have not done that.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put 2 by the captains chairs and 2 on the swim deck in my ar240