• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Stuff Air Panel Kit $140

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a kit to install a tube inflator inside your boat.

In addition to the kit you will need an Airhead High Pressure 12V Air Pump or similar and a 5/8th water hose. I used an Aqua Joe AJPGH50-DWS water hose but believe the Sun Joe® AJPGH50-PRO is the same for less. You also will need a 1 1/4" hole saw and 5/8" to 3/4" hole saw or drill bit.

The kit includes;

1 Air Panel including water proof led illuminated power switch and magnetic closure
5 Hose end fittings one of which is spare
1 Relay housing labeled for battery and pump connections with 5 feet of control cable that plugs into the power switch
2 Tie down mounts for the pump
2 Feet of 3/4" velcro to secure the pump
2 TPU seals for hose end fittings
4 Pieces of shrink tubing for the pump to relay power connections
1 Small tube of E6000
8 #6x5/8 stainless steel screws
10 Plugs to seal Airhead fittings (squeeze in with pliers)
1 Plug to seal Airhead pump (glue in)
1 Spare set of suck and blow labels
1 Foot of TPU to secure tube adaptors
2 Velcro cable ties
1 Drill template

Shipping is free to US addresses.

This kit is described in a post at https://jetboaters.net/threads/air-panel-installing-tube-inflator-in-the-engine-compartment.35057/

IMG_6633.jpg

Last edited:

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce what is the approximate dimensions of the port? I put 6.5” in the swim deck so I’d be looking for an alternate mounting location on the stern somewhere.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the airhead, mine has the alligator clips that I put on the bus bars. I presume you did the snip and crimp connectors to hardwire the pump?

blueturtle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm interested in one of your kits if they are still available, but can you print the air panel in black? I am in no hurry as it is the end of the season.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce what is the approximate dimensions of the port? I put 6.5” in the swim deck so I’d be looking for an alternate mounting location on the stern somewhere.
For the airhead, mine has the alligator clips that I put on the bus bars. I presume you did the snip and crimp connectors to hardwire the pump?
Sorry I missed the questions. The port is approximately 4” tall.

2712B4B9-5255-4D3A-ABC8-9DECFEB63DB1.jpeg

Years ago I added a fuse panel near the batteries and wired in the pump replacing the clamps with ring terminals. To install you need to cut the power wires to splice in the relay housing. I include shrink tubing to seal those connections. You could continue using the clamps if you want.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm interested in one of your kits if they are still available, but can you print the air panel in black? I am in no hurry as it is the end of the season.
I would be happy to print the panel in black.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce this will be a great mod that we will use. Blowing up stuff is a source of marital strife; this gets us into self service which will be awesome!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce this will be a great mod that we will use. Blowing up stuff is a source of marital strife; this gets us into self service which will be awesome!
I will get it headed your way tomorrow. Feel free to ask questions when installing.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will get it headed your way tomorrow. Feel free to ask questions when installing.
Bruce, please take your time, boat is tucked away for the winter and I can’t get to it. Will install it in the spring.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce thank you so much! Things arrived today as expected, now wrapped and under the tree for my wife as a gift.

Thanks! This will be so much better once installed, it never fails, I've just finished anchoring or tying up and ready to enjoy a drink and I get the question, "Will you blow up this or that?" Its a defect for me but it puts me in a bad mood every time.

This will help immensely!

Thanks,
Mark

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mark_m, glad it arrived safely. Let me know if you have any questions on the install.

blueturtle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce. I received my kit. I'm looking forward to installing it once my boat is out of storage.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do. I have one kit ready to go.

I will make more if there is demand. Currently I am working on a 12v shaved ice maker for margaritas and piña coladas.
I'm probably going to want one of those too. :D