• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Almost time for a tower....

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ok so when the boat is payed off, I'm allowed to buy a tower.
Been looking for like 2 years now, so here's what I'm thinking, and you guys let me know!
First of all, we figure on just a tower and a bimini top. The bimini on our boat is getting pretty worn out, and it's time to replace it anyways, so we figured we would get one with the tower.
We like the forward swept designs, and want something a little edgy to go with the whole 212ss theme. And anything will be in the black.
Everyone seems to have "package" deals as well, so I wonder if I should just go balls to the walls and get the whole thing with racks and speakers right away, although, just paying the boat off, it's a lotta money to throw down! Or do I just get tower and bimini, which would be $1800-$2000

Option 1, the MTK tower. This has been installed on a few boats already like mine, and I like it, it's solid, and the price isn't so horrid. http://www.monstertower.com/Monster-Tower-MTK-p/sot-405.htm
http://cdn3.volusion.com/usocm.tjnaf/v/vspfiles/photos/SOT-405-3T.jpg?1396338954
Package 3 includes:
Features
  • Wakeboard Tower of your choice
  • Two racks (your choice of wakeboard, water ski, kneeboard and wake/surf)
  • A PAIR of Double Barrel Kicker, Polk or Wet Sounds marine speakers - fours speakers total (Wet Sounds available at an additional cost)
  • Mirror (designed to work best with your tower)
  • Navigation light
  • Then add a bimini and price should be around $3000
  • Bimini looks small though....

Option 2, http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/Articles.asp?ID=199 Aerial FreeRide Tower. Slightly more expensive, but looks to be excellent quality.
The package with bimini for this deal (same setup, 2 racks, double barrel speakers, bimini, nav lights, blah blah) is $3200.
freeride-13.jpg

Last edited:
I like the MTK look on the 212ss. But that aerial bimini looks pretty nice. Tough call.

Definitely a tough choice. I'd go with aerial just b/c of that Bimini.

I like the fixed bimini on the aerial tower, but I like to have some sun protection.

Ariel with the Bimini and nothing else should bring the cost down considerably. Racks are usually $200+ each, speakers and lights can run about the same.

I like the look of the Aerial, because I don't like being in the sun all day. That said no way my wife would go for it she likes being in the sun. I would go all out and get the set up with racks & Speakers at the same time and enjoy the summer. Look forward to seeing what ya do.

I like the looks of the forward swept towers.
I'm sure they are built and designed like they need to be, but when I see some of the forward towers I can't help but think it seems like it would put a lot of stress in a small area of the boat since the mounting points are so close together, it just seems like the AR style towers could handle a lot more weight. I have never heard of a tower cracking the fiberglass or anything but that always crosses my mind when I see them.

Ok, so it seems the aerial wins, but I am torn on the whole package or not. Money will be pretty tight either way.
When I install I plan on reinforcing significantly underneath. I can fiberglass so I may as well do it!

I'm partial to the Samson Blade tower myself. Looking to add it to my boat this year or next. Folds forward on gas struts too!

D

DSC_0652-1024x680.jpg

I like the Aerial tower & bimini as well.
If/when you get a tower - you're gonna need at least 1 rack. It's makes it so much easier to have a designated spot for the boards. And you know you're gonna want speakers. And the nav light is a bonus. You know you'll be bummed if you don't get it all at once.

The samson is too expensive and looks like the side is glued on. Could be the way I am looking at it.

I am also thinking about swapping towers. The lateral movement on my AR240 stock tower is just scary and there isn't much you can do about it. I was also considering the Aerial Freeride with the huge bimini. Anyone know if that Bimini is suppose to come down when trailering? It looks to have a huge frame underneath. Also, if anyone knows if the tower can come off after installed? My issue with that is during the winter we put the boat in my garage. Currently I take the top part of the stock tower and hang it in the garage and then the boat fits under the header of the garage. I don't want to have problems getting it in the garage if it doesn't collapse far enough or if it doesn't come off fairly easily for winter storage.

Back