• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Am I the only moron to have done this?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This should have a trophy associated to it. :)
we need to develop an upside-down trophy.. rope suck, plugs out, forgetting wife at dock......

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One of those could potentially be fatal.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very true, we were supposed to go to the lake last weekend, but we wound up going to the wedding venue to go over everything for several hours, it's booked and done, just need to write a big fat check in a few months.............ouch Lol.
Bet that ouchy hurts just a little bit less now. . . . .

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am a member of this club too. Once off the trailer and once out of my slip (after a push off into a tight channel lined with rocks). I'd like to say I learned quickly but it took two times (at least). Now I solved that problem with dry rack service...the plugs don't come out between uses. Of course, that introduced the other problem of potentially stuck plugs. I check them every few trips and keep the seals lubed with some Lubegard and hope for the best.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I doped it up this weekend...forgot to clip in the front bimini poles....first throttle up it all sailed back into the tower ...KA-SLAM!! That'll wake you up

plasticpig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Well, I joined the "sucked a rope up" club today, first time for me. Cleanout plug came out ok once I remembered to take out the EZ Lock :( but getting it back was a struggle as it was so hot out today. Now I know why I carry a super sharp knife on board!!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haven't done that yet, but I've forgotten to remove the stern straps that hold the boat to the back of the trailer a few times. People at the ramp get a good laugh out of that one.
I did the same thing this year for the first (hopefully last) time. I thought to my self, WTF, why wont this thing come off. So I backed it in further. I think I had the rear bumper about in the water. Did you float your trailer? I sure did. I got pretty scared too when it started floating sideways. Luckily I got the bow winch reattached before it could start to drag my Jeep in.

Patrick L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just did this today. Lake Carlyle. Forgot my checklist. Left plugs out. Took off and broke both latch paws. Now I get to call SCBM tomorrow to see if they have the latches in stock so my brother can pick them up tomorrow on his way up to the lake. Of course looks like they don't sell just the paw piece I need for both latches. Luckily no other damage. Looks like if they don't have it in stock I will be trying to repair them with some jb weld to get me thru the week. Currently the only thing hold the lid shut is gravity.

This should have a trophy associated to it. :)
Thankfully St. Charles Boat And Motor had 2 latches in stock. My brother picked them up Friday on the way out of town. Expensive lesson to forgetting to use your checklist.

RooneyMcFaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Haven't done that yet, but I've forgotten to remove the stern straps that hold the boat to the back of the trailer a few times. People at the ramp get a good laugh out of that one.
Been there, done that.

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First time out on my boat years ago, got off the trailer at the local lake and knew it as soon as I had no control. Luckily not too much to worry about hitting so that was good. Loading on the trailer was also and adventure first time, had it sideways on the fenders.

Few times later, heading to the same lake, looked in the rearview mirror and saw something hanging off the side of the boat. I had cleaned the boat after last trip and didn't reattach the bimini to the tower.

Broke the mount on the port side, swung around and gouged the gelcoat on the starboard side... ugh.
Luckily nothing that couldn't be fixed.

However, when the storm rolled in while on the water, we had no shelter from the rain! Lol. Sometimes ya gotta learn the hard way.