• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amp and Speaker Match

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Those XC clarions are not bridgeable.
They are perfect for running four DBs though.
According to the website they do 150x2 bridged.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have one of these in my truck powering a polk 1040 db. I hooked it up bridged and tuned it 35v so it would not fry the coil on the sub as it was still far from clipping. So far so good. I have another one I am putting in the boat tomorrow to push two polk 1040mm. I know others have had issues with some rockville stuff but have not read about any issues with the couple of class d models they sell.

Everything indicates this will make a good budget sub amp for a boat so far including the partial tear down I did. My only concern with pushing this thing to its max was the heat sink beauty cover which is actaully a good design that just needed a bit of thermal paste to ensure the most effective heat transfer from the main chassis to the rails on the heatsink/beauty cover. if only pushing one 10 inch sub that is not even a concern IMO.

The real proof of how good this thing is won’t be until this summer when doing tow sports in 100 degree sun/heat and the volume cranked. Worse case it fails and I lose sub output until I swap in a jl mhd.

Rockville RXM-T2 Micro 2400w 2 Ch Marine/Boat Class D Amplifier 2x600W CEA Rated https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D8333LS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_ZOwECbDWJTHNC

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Adrian,
Any suggestions on an 8 channel amp to drive 6 Polk DB352's and a 10" sub?
Would this work? https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RXM-F3-Channel-Amplifier-Microphone/dp/B01DQYMDBU
Your link takes me the the RXM-8... which a few of us have used. Overall it’s pretty good. For the price compared to other 8 channel amps it is a bargain.

But it did break down for me due to some black unexplained black goo and at least one or two others had different problems with theirs. (It is a class D)

You could wire it as a 6.1 system. But it only has two sets of gains/bass/eq/lpf controls. One set for four channels each. So I ended up getting a second sub and wiring it as a 4.2.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And if you order anything Rockville you get better warranty terms if you order direct from their site.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The polk db and mm subs only sound good in a sealed box. This is from experience. The db in my truck right now was the first sub I put in the boat as a free air. I did not like it and tried an mm. The mm was better free air but still did not have the thump I was looking for. The upside was mounting depth which Is shallow in the location I choose so I decided to double down with another mm and did an insane amount of work to create a custom integral sealed box between the inner and outer hull. That finally did the trick but in hindsight should have just done free air JLs elsewhere and called it a day.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
According to the website they do 150x2 bridged.
Correct. My bad! I posted an edit.

EDIT: bad info! Only the xc1410 is NOT bridgable. Sorry!