• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anclote Sand Bar

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone going to Anclote this Saturday? I'm looking to scout out the area because I'd like to do some camping there (fish, cook and spend the night).

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone going to Anclote this Saturday? I'm looking to scout out the area because I'd like to do some camping there (fish, cook and spend the night).
Good chance me and @wallacerb might be out there. Might even see a @tim h sighting lol

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where's a good place to plan for a camping location with the boat anchored offshore? I was looking at the far north tip, on the east side of the island.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where's a good place to plan for a camping location with the boat anchored offshore? I was looking at the far north tip, on the east side of the island.
We used to camp there twice a year. It does get sketchy. Watch the tide, wind and wave forecast. One year my boat sank there. Another year a friends anchor let go and pushed is boat onshore pretty far. At high tide the next day he was still 15' from water. It took 20 of us to push his 20' boat to water.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_1215.PNG IMG_1214.PNG I'd suggest anchor here and camp on the west side of the island. Here your boat will be very protected. But it's shallow so watch the tides and plan accordingly

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We used to camp there twice a year. It does get sketchy. Watch the tide, wind and wave forecast. One year my boat sank there. Another year a friends anchor let go and pushed is boat onshore pretty far. At high tide the next day he was still 15' from water. It took 20 of us to push his 20' boat to water.
Yikes, that's not good news, anything positive? I'm planning to anchor during low-tide with an additional line connected at shore.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yikes, that's not good news, anything positive? I'm planning to anchor during low-tide with an additional line connected at shore.
The water and beach are awesome! It's worth the trip. But the west side of the island can get rough for your boat (overnight). Also you need to call the park ranger and give your info that you're staying overnight. They live on the island and do come around to make sure folks are behaving.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

We have camped at the sand bar itself several times. No bugs and nobody to check in with...
I would like to camp out sometime soon but will likely wait for better weather window.
Gonna be a little windy both Friday overnight and Saturday.
Let me know when you go, if you are bringing the family. My girls (11 and 12) are reluctant to go out without someone to play with..

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
anyone been out lately in the anclote area? how is red tide?

wallacerb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were out last weekend on Anclote and yesterday at 3 Rooker... all good..

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I don't think it made it this far North.
It did make it to Saint Pete and Clearwater I've heard though.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone heading out this weekend? We plan to hit the sandbar around 10:30 ish Tomorrow (Saturday) Figure the water will be cold but we don't want to waste this awesome warm weather

wallacerb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dude, there is no sandbar left. We were at North anclote island last weekend and all we could see was white caps where it used to be.. low tide might reveal some land but not much.. we are hitting 3 rooker around 11..

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dude, there is no sandbar left. We were at North anclote island last weekend and all we could see was white caps where it used to be.. low tide might reveal some land but not much.. we are hitting 3 rooker around 11..
Such sad news...

But We used to go to 3 rooker all the time when I was a kid. Sounds good. See you guys there!

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think we’re just cruising in the bay tomorrow.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I think we’re just cruising in the bay tomorrow.
Where in the bay do you typically cruise?

Have you been by Weedon Island? Really pretty back there.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think we’re gonna go by the power plant to check out the manatee. I’ve never gone back into the area behind Weedon Island.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I think we’re gonna go by the power plant to check out the manatee. I’ve never gone back into the area behind Weedon Island.
Riviera Bay is back there and is the perfect spot for water sports. You should check it out. On the way you'll pass by a 1/4 mile sand bar where many boat hang. Very popular spot.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Riviera Bay is back there and is the perfect spot for water sports. You should check it out. On the way you'll pass by a 1/4 mile sand bar where many boat hang. Very popular spot.
Funny - my buddy literally told me about this spot last week, and my first question was if the bay was good for water sports. Is it still salty or is more brackish over there?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It is salt water. My son skis it. Never complained.
IMG_0108.JPG

This is the sand bar. Huge hangout. Labor Day and Memorial Day bands play on a barge here. Lots of fun. Tons of boats
IMG_2357.JPG