• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another flooded engine bay - advice welcome

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice. Easy fix!
Yup....thars yer problem!
Ya, easy fix. It slipped right back on, but the clamp seems a little fatigued. I was able to pull the hose back off with the clamp on with a little bit of muscle. Don't think it's supposed to do that. Of course neither West Marine nor Ace has a replacement in stainless steel, so I clamped it down in a vise to tighten it up a bit. Seemed to help some. Still going to look at getting some spares for the boat though.

On the plus side, this gave me a chance to make sure that my scupper and screw hole patch didn't leak lol.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also check your Drain Plug on the Bow for the front Anchor if you have one.

I know it didn’t contribute, but water will come in through there/

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Right, if it slipped once, it will slip again. I have also not found this clamp style on stainless, so I have switched to the worm style full stainless for all replacements I have made. My boat was a saltwater boat for 9 years before I bought it, and many clamps show some rust. I have replaced quite a few and others are pending. the worm clamps hold very very well. Some don't like that the worm clamp have a weak point due to the band holes. You can always look for other clamp types such as ABA Original 12mm Band, Aluzinc Screw

In any case, I humbly but strongly suggest do not try again until you reinforce that clamp such that you cannot undo it with your hands alone. There's a lot of pressure on that hose while at speed.

Best of Luck!

Last edited:

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Right, if it slipped once, it will slip again. I have also not found this clamp style on stainless, so I have switched to the worm style full stainless for all replacements I have made. My boat was a saltwater boat for 9 years before I bought it, and many clamps show some rust. I have replaced quite a few and others are pending. the worm clamps hold very very well. Some don't like that the worm clamp have a weak point due to the band holes. You can always look for other clamp types such as ABA Original 12mm Band, Aluzinc Screw

In any case, I humbly but strongly suggest do not try again until you reinforce that clamp such that you cannot undo it with your hands alone. There's a lot of pressure on that hose while at speed.

Best of Luck!
Thanks. I considered it, but there's now ay to get a driver to that clamp under the engine to tighten it...

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ya, easy fix. It slipped right back on, but the clamp seems a little fatigued. I was able to pull the hose back off with the clamp on with a little bit of muscle. Don't think it's supposed to do that. Of course neither West Marine nor Ace has a replacement in stainless steel, so I clamped it down in a vise to tighten it up a bit. Seemed to help some. Still going to look at getting some spares for the boat though.

You can buy them from yamaha the nice thing about those clamps they come with a metal band that holds them in the full open position slide it on the hose put the hose in place pull off the metal band and its clamped . During assembly at the factory those must increase production compared to worm drive clamps

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can buy them from yamaha the nice thing about those clamps they come with a metal band that holds them in the full open position slide it on the hose put the hose in place pull off the metal band and its clamped . During assembly at the factory those must increase production compared to worm drive clamps
Interesting. I’ll look them up.