• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another quality control thread

Again, unless it is reported back to Yamaha, this is not a QC issue. As stated by yourselves, if a cleat comes loose, how many of us would go back to the dealer to have it fixed. A few, but most of us would go in there with a socket wrench and tighten it. And since I have only had one come loose on a 10 year old boat, I don't believe it's an issue.

If it came from the factory that way, it's an issue. Like the folks with a brand new boat. But if my most used cleat on the stern or bow comes loose after a few years, that sounds like normal wear and tear for any powersport product. And listening to a half dozen folks cry about a loose cleat on a forum is just not a productive use of time, when it happens.

My guess is loctite is not something you put on a nut when it is holding material that may compress over time due to the stresses of holding a boat (like a cleat) It's all in what your expectations are.

You guys really need to get on a SXS forum, if you really wanna hear about whining and bitching about the dumbest things. One guy was crying because the powdercoat or weld was too thick in his receiver hitch on a new Polaris General. He had take it to the dealer to have them use a dremel to remove 1/8" of weld so his tongue would fit. Do you think that went back to polaris? No, they probably giggled at him and though to themselves, why didn't this guy just get down there with a file for 5 minutes and pop that little bit of weld out and save the trip.

Some people have too much time on the Internet. As QC issues are from the time of delivery, not after 5 years of use. But that is what a 5 year YES contract is for.

you haven't bought one made since 2015... thats when it really started going down hill... Tower falling... cleat loose, engine hatch bolts loose, doors, hinges, latches you name it. It is not bitching, its an actual issue.

Yamaha needs to hear about these fuk ups. They have no survey, no big brother watching, no accountability ...

you haven't bought one made since 2015... thats when it really started going down hill... Tower falling... cleat loose, engine hatch bolts loose, doors, hinges, latches you name it. It is not bitching, its an actual issue.

Yamaha needs to hear about these fuk ups. They have no survey, no big brother watching, no accountability ...
That's fair for sure. They need to understand the true customer experience. They probably only getting that through the dealers now. They need to poll all customers to get a better read on what is good and what is bad. Or give them the conduit to relay it back to the mother ship.

I noticing hardware cross threaded and not completely installed. If a catastrophic incident occurs with injury or death maybe Yamaha will notice.

@JetBoatingUpstateNY I have a 2022 195s, and the throttle would not stay in place, it would just keep moving back towards neutral. I found somewhere, on here I think, there is a small cover at the bottom of the throttle. If you pull that off, there are 2 large screws on either side, and a single screw in the middle, inset, hard to see, you have to get down low to see it. if you tighten that screw a couple of turns it tightens the throttle and keeps it from dropping back. I had to tighten mine about 4 turns, but now it stays in place. Hope this helps.

It would be wise to disassemble the entire boat and reassemble. Who can do that?

Back