• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Yamaha in my future?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't get me wrong, I love Yamaha Products, I just don't like shifting with something like that.

Like a car, who wants to shift? I know, some do, but most don't.

I do. I prefer a manual any day. Especially in such a sporty application.

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I definitely prefer to row my own boat. I bought a RZR S when they first came out for my wife. When the XP's came out, we purchased one and gave the S to my mother in law. We ride a ton, and the only issue I have had with either machine is belts and clutching. Otherwise they have been bulletproof. I see the lack of a CVT transmission on the Yamaha as being a HUGE improvement. You also loose a ton of power running through a CVT. I am excited to see these showing up in the desert. Not really excited about the price tag though.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the price is reasonable considering I paid $14k OTD on my 2009 RZR-S . The CVT is the weak link with Polaris and I have a feeling that soon we'll see an option between it and a sequential manual from them.