• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anti Fouling Wax Results with wet slipping

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After two months in the water, I wanted to give feedback on how the VS 721 Anti-Fouling Wax has been performing. I applied three coats of this to the bottom in lieu of bottom paint and it has been sitting in my marina in Maryland for two months now. I pulled it her last week to install JBP Lateral Thrusters and generally see how the wax was performing.

For reference:
I am in the Northern part of Chesapeake Bay in brackish water, but far enough north that is mainly fresh water with some salinity.
Before my Yamaha 242 Limited S, I had a 28ft Crownline that was bottom painted and the sterndrive had to be repainted almost every season.. This boat was in the same marina and the same slip as my Yamaha is now. In the past, when I would pull my Crownline, there would be zebra mussels and all kinds of growth on the trim tabs AND the outdrives and tons of growth on the bottom paint. It would take hours to strip all of this away by hand.

Moving onto the Wax:
This wax applies like any normal wax, clean the surface, make sure it's dry and apply and follow instructions to apply second and third coats.
I applied the wax also to the reverse buckets, the Cobra Fins, grates and the trim tabs.

Performance:
When I pulled the boat there was ZERO growth. There looked to be some algae put came right off with a sponge. I was extremely impressed with the performance and will never go back to bottom paint again. I applied another coat before I put it back in the water and it will likely be there until the end of October.
Very very happy with this product.

On a side note, a guy with a brand new Scarab told me that his dealer told him that he can't wet slip and the longest he should keep his boat in the water is 7 days. Has anyone heard this? I have had no issues with my Yamaha.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great review. For reference, what size bottle did you buy/how much product is needed for a coat?

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this available as a spray? I would like to put something on my boat lift to keep the mussels off next summer. Thoughts?

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had mine wet slipped for the first three years with no problems. I am in the south so that may make a difference. The wax sounds great. I would clean my hull twice a year to keep her tip top. Once we got the lake house she had her own covered slip and was out of the water.