• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any concerns with installing trinity light here?

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My first attempt was installing the Yknot however none of the adaptors would fit my scupper. See pic. Boatpluglight told me my threads must be too worn though the adaptor basically would wiggle out. It would seem to me that even if my threads were worn (that would mean they were smaller??) therefore the adaptor would actually be tighter? At any rate, I was told no other adaptors to try so going with a drain plug light isnt an option w/o replacing the scupper altogether.

This has me considering going with a transom light.

Initial thoughts were going with 2 on the outside of each jet. (green) in pic. My concern is there may be a slight curve in hull. After searching around on here it seems that the trinity may be sufficient. Though I have a 2006 I seem most folks mount in the red area in the pic. Has anyone with similar model mounted a transom light here? Any notable concerns?

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think you should be fine there. I have a 2013 212x, and I added additional ballast intakes, so I had to dodge intake hoses in that area, but you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I made a template out of cardboard, so I could locate and drill one small hole for each wire, no bigger than it had to be. I coated the back of the light with 4200, fed the wires through, and once it was flush, added the three mounting screws, coated with 4200. Mine has not leaked at all, and the light is very bright. I've been pleased.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have transom lights in the green locations. There is a very slight curve, but its a non-issue. You should be betting those lights in 4200 anyway, which will take up any of the slight contour. I had gone down the route of
'machining' starboard backers that would be shaped to the hull, but it ended up being a non-issue. If you go outboard from those locations the curve is a bit more significant.

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My first attempt was installing the Yknot however none of the adaptors would fit my scupper. See pic. Boatpluglight told me my threads must be too worn though the adaptor basically would wiggle out. It would seem to me that even if my threads were worn (that would mean they were smaller??) therefore the adaptor would actually be tighter? At any rate, I was told no other adaptors to try so going with a drain plug light isnt an option w/o replacing the scupper altogether.

View attachment 100723

This has me considering going with a transom light.

Initial thoughts were going with 2 on the outside of each jet. (green) in pic. My concern is there may be a slight curve in hull. After searching around on here it seems that the trinity may be sufficient. Though I have a 2006 I seem most folks mount in the red area in the pic. Has anyone with similar model mounted a transom light here? Any notable concerns?

View attachment 100724

I will be installing my trinity light in location indicated by red marker today... Seems like the most logical location. How is yours making out?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just remember that most of these lights are not to be used while on plane as they get hot and need the water to cool them.