• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

any news on 2024 boats ?

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
specs , colors ect ?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I actually checked the app a couple days ago and didn’t see the 2024 lineup yet. I would think very soon they will release the new models and colors for pre order. When I ordered my 2022 I was able to pick the color off the app when they released the colors in May of 2021. At this point, I think we just wait for the Yamaha email to be sent out.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would assume this year, right around the Dealer meeting in August, or leaked in July sometime. Maybe we get lucky and they don't increase the prices this year........ ROFL

I do know that there is a larger engine being worked on, 4cyl 2.0/2.1 but I don't think it will come out till the next model update cycle for the 19' or 25' boats. I would also assume the ski's may get it first, but that is just a guess.

Last edited:

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
new engines this year?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
no i doubt it. I would guess 2025 or 2026 models.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Would assume this year, right around the Dealer meeting in August, or leaked in July sometime. Maybe we get lucky and they don't increase the prices this year........ ROFL

I do know that there is a larger engine being worked on, 4cyl 2.0/2.1 but I don't think it will come out till the next model update cycle for the 19' or 25' boats. I would also assume the ski's may get it first, but that is just a guess.
Do jet skis really need bigger engines? It's not like they are under powered like many if not all of the boats in the Yamaha line IMHO.
A new larger motor is potentially good news for future models, but I would think the announcement of such, would hinder sales until the new offerings are available.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do jet skis really need bigger engines? It's not like they are under powered like many if not all of the boats in the Yamaha line IMHO.
A new larger motor is potentially good news for future models, but I would think the announcement of such, would hinder sales until the new offerings are available.
Hence why you won't hear anything official on it till it is released. I have heard this mentioned from a couple of dealers as well, so some info is getting out slowly. Also I would assume a nice bump in price. Which boats would get them would be up for debate as well. It also could offset the SC Versions which as you know can't be sold CA. only NA.

bigger engine, better thrust/performance, perhaps lower RPM's and fuel efficiencies from what I have heard, also addressing sound. This is what I got through my back channels, whom haven't been wrong yet in the last few years.

Will most certainly be interesting if and when any new engines are released.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Hence why you won't hear anything official on it till it is released. I have heard this mentioned from a couple of dealers as well, so some info is getting out slowly. Also I would assume a nice bump in price. Which boats would get them would be up for debate as well. It also could offset the SC Versions which as you know can't be sold CA. only NA.

bigger engine, better thrust/performance, perhaps lower RPM's and fuel efficiencies from what I have heard, also addressing sound. This is what I got through my back channels, whom haven't been wrong yet in the last few years.
We are looking to possibly upgrade in 2025, but can wait for the new engines, if it's 2025 or 26. Maybe quality control we be back to normal by then.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are looking to possibly upgrade in 2025, but can wait for the new engines, if it's 2025 or 26. Maybe quality control we be back to normal by then.
Maybe. But the prices are going up a lot now and I would assume if they release a new engine in the next couple years it is going to add to that as well. I do want to upgrade but for us, it may make more sense to buy a used 25' FSH or AR250 that is decently priced.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I see no need for new engines. The 1.8s are great motors. The boats are already super quick. No one really cares about top end. Improved fuel efficiency would be nice - but I don't think much can be done on the motor end. Now if they can make them quieter that would be great! I think this could be resolved by just spending more on sound deadening in the engine bay.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see no need for new engines. The 1.8s are great motors. The boats are already super quick. No one really cares about top end. Improved fuel efficiency would be nice - but I don't think much can be done on the motor end. Now if they can make them quieter that would be great! I think this could be resolved by just spending more on sound deadening in the engine bay.
Logical........ But how would they charge more money for their boats :) ROFL

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
They just keep doing what they want. My 2021 is now 13k more MSRP for the same exact thing. I would bet that it will be closer to 20k more for the 2024s.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But when a 21' AR boat that is budget friendly hits 80k, lol, I wonder how that is going to sell.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
But when a 21' AR boat that is budget friendly hits 80k, lol, I wonder how that is going to sell.
As long as people have F-You money to buy million dollar center console boats, I don’t think it’s a problem. Anymore a $70k boat is “budget friendly”

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
80-year loans duh

My 2017 SX210 was (I think) MSRP 37k.... 6 years later the equivalent is 52k. Sure it's a new hull but the engines are the same, the switches are the same, the screen is the same. At least it comes with a garbage can now.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You know they don't need a reason if they sell out every year. This may be the first season in years, that dealers will actually have stock on hand and need to discount. We are seeing that already.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha has a very long standing rule of thumb as an engine builder. They will not develop a new engine that will only be used in one platform. It's bad business in their eyes. Thus if a new engine comes for one platform, it will be released for both.

BTW, "need" will never come into the equation. If the consumer keeps spending money, they will give them more.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yamaha has a very long standing rule of thumb as an engine builder. They will not develop a new engine that will only be used in one platform. It's bad business in their eyes. Thus if a new engine comes for one platform, it will be released for both.

BTW, "need" will never come into the equation. If the consumer keeps spending money, they will give them more.
This is a good argument - especially for skis. "Check out our new VX line with the brand new 2.2 turbo charged motor." It will be like a new iphone for the ski crowd.

Honestly any new development should probably be moving to hybrid. I wonder how are pumps would do with instant torque - might be great for water sports. It would also create excitement in the skis. Improve the 0-60 time and keep the top end.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wish
You know they don't need a reason if they sell out every year. This may be the first season in years, that dealers will actually have stock on hand and need to discount. We are seeing that already.
True. Maybe a new engine would get people whom also have boats to upgrade sooner.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we are getting closer to the 2024 MY Release, Officially next month. I am not hearing any significant changes for this year. Was hoping for something.....