• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

any news on 2024 boats ?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@NavVet That would be awesome if you could hook up with @drober30 and maybe another member whom has a 25' as well. Of course I think it would be tough to get on a 2024 325' with 1.9L's in it since they are just hitting the dealers. Trying one with and without the Drive and seeing someone who is proficient at both on their boats, could save you $30k/somehting...... At least on MSRP

NavVet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have a 222SD and boat in Lake St Clair. This is my first boat although I have owned several waverunners and my in-laws had a couple of pontoon boats. I see in another post you already have plans for this weekend but if I plan on putting the boat in again, I'll message you.

The 222SD is very nice, I have routinely had six adults on the boat and it seems spacious. It allows for up to 10 people (not to exceed weight limit) which I think would be alot of people, maybe if I was just transporting them all to a sandbar but still too many for me.

I really like the DRiVE system, I agree at some point it might not be necessary as you become skilled working the throttles but I use it every time when docking and I really like keeping both hands on the wheel and manipulating forward and reverse effortlessly. I personally also wanted the "E Series" so I had throttle by wire, I didn't want to deal with cables rusting, breaking or needing adjustments to sync engines.

The 22' does fine in Lake St Clair but if budget and everything else allows, a 25' would be way better, it gets pretty choppy with wind and all those huge cabin cruisers throttling across the lake. Not sure how big of a difference a 25' vs 22' would handle the chop but bigger is better. I started looking into boats around March of 2020 and was able to purchase a 222SD in May of 2023. I may upgrade to a 25' boat after the next redesign (new engines already debut) but I am very happy with the 22'
I would very much welcome the opportunity to ride along if you plan on getting out again this season (or even next if I haven't pulled the trigger by then)

NavVet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I would very much welcome the opportunity to ride along if you plan on getting out again this season (or even next if I haven't pulled the trigger by then)
@NavVet That would be awesome if you could hook up with @drober30 and maybe another member whom has a 25' as well. Of course I think it would be tough to get on a 2024 325' with 1.9L's in it since they are just hitting the dealers. Trying one with and without the Drive and seeing someone who is proficient at both on their boats, could save you $30k/somehting...... At least on MSRP
I agree and would love to go out on a 222SD as well.....Wife seems to think a 22' is all that is needed but I think the additional seating space and storage would be nice to have especially when in Florida and at the sandbar or Keewaydin Island.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
For sure, I’ll message you.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
The 25' handle much better than the 22' and 21', especially in the bathtub chop. I have been on 19', 21', 25' 27' in LSC on choppy days. 25' are vey nice.

$25k-$30k for wanting the Drive System, is IMHO not worth it. Perhaps if you like all of the other things that come on upgraded boat as a whole it is worth it.

Again this is my opinion, based on how I drive my boat and others boats that are Yamaha's, everyone is not the same.
Bathtub chop… lol That is so spot on! Waves are coming from all directions, it’s like a washing machine.

We will have to meet up sometime , if not at the upcoming show, then on the lake next season!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors, @drober30 ...
What day(s) are you guys going to the Metro Beach Boat Show this year? Would like to see if we could meet up at the Yammi exhibit.
I am thinking Saturday, but waiting on confirmation from the Admiral

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors @NavVet Also planning on Saturday, will look to be there when they open as the wife and I have a work obligation at 5:00pm. We all can confirm next Friday and make a plan to meet up.

Dang... I went to their Facebook page and we missed a BOGO Flash deal on Labor Day.

Last edited:

NavVet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Sounds like a plan! I have gotten in free last few years having my military I.D.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure what time we will be out there. It will be on Saturday, but may have to do a kid thing in the morning. I will post when I am on my way if anyone is around

NavVet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
@drober30, @HangOutdoors .... so happy for Friday!!! One day closer to the boat show for me..... any ideas about the time you will be out there? I don't have a specific time yet but will let you know via the forum when we are planning to be there and hoping we can all get together and share some info. Still very interested in going out on the water if the offer still stands.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
@NavVet @HangOutdoors ... Still planning on being there when they open around 11:00am, it's homecoming this weekend so the wife and I will be working all day Friday and Friday night, then we need to chaperone the dance Saturday night starting at 5:30 so we can probably hang out until 3:30pm, I'm sure thats plenty of time but time goes by fast!

@Wonderland Marine posted on Facebook they have a 275 in the water and will be offering rides, can't believe I'm going to want to buy a 275 by the time I leave that show...lol

Offer still stands for going out on my 222SD but it has been winterized and is at the dealer for some warranty items and indoor storage so it would have to be at the beginning of next season.

NavVet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
@NavVet @HangOutdoors ... Still planning on being there when they open around 11:00am, it's homecoming this weekend so the wife and I will be working all day Friday and Friday night, then we need to chaperone the dance Saturday night starting at 5:30 so we can probably hang out until 3:30pm, I'm sure thats plenty of time but time goes by fast!

@Wonderland Marine posted on Facebook they have a 275 in the water and will be offering rides, can't believe I'm going to want to buy a 275 by the time I leave that show...lol

Offer still stands for going out on my 222SD but it has been winterized and is at the dealer for some warranty items and indoor storage so it would have to be at the beginning of next season.
Around 11am sounds like a good time to me as well....will shoot for that! A 275 in the water, offering rides, Hmmmmmm, that will be interesting.....perhaps we could all show up and go out on it as a group....damn thing is big enough for sure....
Beginning of next season would be good for a ride on the 222SD, looking at the 222SD or the 252SE as the price jump to the 252SD is substantial but the wife would like the space for a head and additional storage.....Keeping an open mind as the price jumps are a lot but willing to explore all options for the best possible fit. I will let ya'll know we are there via the forum.
See ya'll Saturday!!!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are going to be out there on Saturday most likely. Have MIL in hospital and may be discharged tomorrow or Saturday and the Admiral will need to take her home. We may not be there till the afternoon. Will post when we are heading that way.

@NavVet My boat isn't winterized yet. I plan to use it into late October on LSC and the rivers to fish. Although it is an AR210.

NavVet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We are going to be out there on Saturday most likely. Have MIL in hospital and may be discharged tomorrow or Saturday and the Admiral will need to take her home. We may not be there till the afternoon. Will post when we are heading that way.

@NavVet My boat isn't winterized yet. I plan to use it into late October on LSC and the rivers to fish. Although it is an AR210.
Hope all is well, FAMILY 1st!!! I will check the thread and let ya'll know when we are there and will check to see when you are as well.
I have never even been on a Yamaha boat so the model isn't as important to me as experiencing the capabilities and dB levels, I have experience with
outboards but drawn to the simplicity of the jet engines for maintenance and performance.
For reference, I have a 2022 SeaDoo GTX 300 Limited Ski and love it but need something to take the kids and grandkids out on as well.
Looking forward to Saturday!!!!