• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

any news on 2024 boats ?

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Has anyone heard of the release date in August? I know it’s usually around the middle to end of the month.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Typically Dealer Meeting. Not sure which day that is on this year.

seabrooktx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have found evidence of the "new" said motor in regulatory filings. It will be introduced in the Jet Ski Line up for 2024, at least NA, possibly Supercharged (although I have not found concrete evidence of the SVHO).

It will be a 1.9L, ~195/200HP Engine and rumored to have a flatter torque curve, delivering more torque through the band and at the higher RPM Range.

Existing 1.8L HO Engine - ~180HP / 120ft-lbs Torque
New Engine ~1.9L HO Engine - ~200HP / ~140ft-lbs Torque

Similar Rev limits in the 7600 RPM range on both engines

Hope this helps feed the conversation. ;)

Possibly Supercharged 1.9L engines first introduced into the refreshed 27ft model lineup in 2025 pushing 275HP each!?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting Info.

What I got was 2.0L (2.1L) HO Engine. And more HP. In Next revamp line up of the 25', possibly the revamp of the 19'.

seabrooktx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
In the regulatory filings it is 1.9L and power output is around 200HP. Will they brand it as a 210HP or something along those lines? Maybe depending on how they measure output vs regulatory filings. The existing 1.8L engines have been noted in the filings to be 167HP, but branded as 180HP, so these are filed at 195HP but may be branded as 210HP. Interesting none the less and we should know more soon.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the regulatory filings it is 1.9L and power output is around 200HP. Will they brand it as a 210HP or something along those lines? Maybe depending on how they measure output vs regulatory filings. The existing 1.8L engines have been noted in the filings to be 167HP, but branded as 180HP, so these are filed at 195HP but may be branded as 210HP. Interesting none the less and we should know more soon.
Regulatory filings are always amended. It works great because it keeps specifics out of sight of the consumer/competition.

None the less, if they drop it in the Ski's this year that would be great to see. Also the innovation. They were working on bringing down the db level and GPH usage. Would be interesting to see if they were successful.

Will be tough to upgrade a boat now, knowing that within 1-2 yrs the new engines, which hopefully are better, will be making their way into the boats. Although I don't see the 22' getting it for 4 yrs or so.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It will be an interesting sales year for sure, as we are quickly reaching pre-COVID sales. I just saw a dealer advertising in one of the FB groups, no freight or setup. While others were chiming in that some dealers were advertising $5K below MSRP as well. They will be pressing hard to move current inventory before the dealers meeting.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will be an interesting sales year for sure, as we are quickly reaching pre-COVID sales. I just saw a dealer advertising in one of the FB groups, no freight or setup. While others were chiming in that some dealers were advertising $5K below MSRP as well. They will be pressing hard to move current inventory before the dealers meeting.
Going to be an interesting Dynamic for sure. Needs to be some innovation. Buying the same model 4 yrs later with absolutely no difference except minor and color is geeting old for another $15k+

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
IMHO 1.9L or 25 HP really isn't a significant change. I would like to think a 2.0 would be the minimum increase in size and horsepower with SVHO options. It would also be nice if an SVHO enginge/s be an option in all lengths of boat.
I am also not a fan of the rounded window on the 27's, maybe that will change.

seabrooktx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
IMHO 1.9L or 25 HP really isn't a significant change. I would like to think a 2.0 would be the minimum increase in size and horsepower with SVHO options. It would also be nice if an SVHO enginge/s be an option in all lengths of boat.
I am also not a fan of the rounded window on the 27's, maybe that will change.
I'm not a fan of the rounded window either. If they up the power close to 300 each (600 total) and refine the rounded window look, then I may enter the market for an upgrade. The technology they roll out is great, but they need to improve the look if they want me to move from the 24/25 range to the 27, especially given the big price bump. Yamaha tends to roll out its new technology on the 27ft frame and then slowly roll it down to the others.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yamaha, if you're reading this, here's what I'd like to see in forthcoming models:

1) Focus on hull design for water sports - better wakeboard and surf waves without gimmicks. Heyday can do it so Yamaha should be able to figure something out.
2) Find a way to inject the dual pump jet output into a thinner and deeper washout, again for better watersports.
3) Better factory ballast ie. more ballast built in to areas that doesn't compromise storage space AND better/faster pumping systems. These boats are literally giant water pumps yet you're still using standard ballast pumps to slowly fill bags? There should be a "drive 20mph for 30 seconds and get 4k lbs of ballast filled" with a Yamaha boat. Maybe visit Centurion or MB boats to get your creative juices flowing...
4) Better folding tower. Can we get some f'ing gas struts at least? A power tower would be a nice option.
5) Better factory exhaust - it's 2023 and there's absolutely zero reason we shouldn't have some sort of factory surf exhaust to eliminate CO2. Again, giant jet pumps...
6) Better bimini system with built in storage - can we get a factory surf board storage and maybe some nets for ropes?
7) Ability to option out a boat without having to make sacrifices because only certain models have certain things. I know there's a business reason behind this, but maybe take a page from the snowmobile business, where customers could "Fall Check" a custom boat for a week period, and if you miss it, you buy what's available or on the floor.

Sh*t I don't need:
1) More electronics that break.
2) Bigger touch screens that break.
3) More electronics added to drive control systems (that break).
4) Less storage due to more 2010-era ballast systems.

seabrooktx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yamaha, if you're reading this, here's what I'd like to see in forthcoming models:

1) Focus on hull design for water sports - better wakeboard and surf waves without gimmicks. Heyday can do it so Yamaha should be able to figure something out.
2) Find a way to inject the dual pump jet output into a thinner and deeper washout, again for better watersports.
3) Better factory ballast ie. more ballast built in to areas that doesn't compromise storage space AND better/faster pumping systems. These boats are literally giant water pumps yet you're still using standard ballast pumps to slowly fill bags? There should be a "drive 20mph for 30 seconds and get 4k lbs of ballast filled" with a Yamaha boat. Maybe visit Centurion or MB boats to get your creative juices flowing...
4) Better folding tower. Can we get some f'ing gas struts at least? A power tower would be a nice option.
5) Better factory exhaust - it's 2023 and there's absolutely zero reason we shouldn't have some sort of factory surf exhaust to eliminate CO2. Again, giant jet pumps...
6) Better bimini system with built in storage - can we get a factory surf board storage and maybe some nets for ropes?
7) Ability to option out a boat without having to make sacrifices because only certain models have certain things. I know there's a business reason behind this, but maybe take a page from the snowmobile business, where customers could "Fall Check" a custom boat for a week period, and if you miss it, you buy what's available or on the floor.

Sh*t I don't need:
1) More electronics that break.
2) Bigger touch screens that break.
3) More electronics added to drive control systems (that break).
4) Less storage due to more 2010-era ballast systems.
How about grease zerks on the shift and steering cables!? I haven't had mine stiffen up or break yet, but I spend 2.5 hrs a few times a year using yamaha waterproof grease and working it into the cable. It's a PITA releasing the BCU and manually working the gates and nozzles. That's a big issue I see with a lot of these boats that ruins a weekend, seems pretty simple to fix. Add a grease zerk and make it easy to maintain. These cables get water and corrosion way too easy.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
How about grease zerks on the shift and steering cables!? I haven't had mine stiffen up or break yet, but I spend 2.5 hrs a few times a year using yamaha waterproof grease and working it into the cable. It's a PITA releasing the BCU and manually working the gates and nozzles. That's a big issue I see with a lot of these boats that ruins a weekend, seems pretty simple to fix. Add a grease zerk and make it easy to maintain. These cables get water and corrosion way too easy.
Had a frozen steering cable at 15hrs. Then 4 months to get a new one. No easy way to lube.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
+10 on the grease zerk......

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have noticed in other Yamaha powersport forums that Yamaha sent out an official letter stating that they are currently not charging for delivery and dealers should not be passing along freight to the customers. Of course setup is still up to the dealer, but Yamaha felt it was as way of boosting sales this time of year.

I am unsure if this included boats, as they are not associated with the other powersport lines other than by name.

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
Anyone hear any news yet? Or anyone know when the dealer meeting is supposed to be this year?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
14th. Just got the email, everything should be on the website.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't really know this year. Maybe a new engine in the ski's. but I haven't been able to sync up with my contact.

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
r e sale market is crashing .. not like convid days .. you can pick up pre owned for dirt !.. rates are rising and its being felt accross board , im hearing alot of financing deals not getting approved