• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Any Stereo Gurus?

How long did it take you to cross?

I think 3 hours but that was with a 20-30 minute stop half way to swim at 2400 ft. Plus I had to top fuel off. Go to the Gatherings section and read the 2014 and 2015 threads. Tons of info and details there from all of us.

I read through them as quickly as I could, spent about 4 hours doing it yesterday. It def. looked like a lot of fun and is well worth looking into. When I lived in FL I always wanted to do that trip and could never get my friends to commit. Now I have been presented with an opportunity through this site so I might make that a reality. I have gone as far as looking for extra fuel storage etc. to pack away in the boat (a marine 12gal tank and it looks like I can fit 2 under the rear seats) an electric transfer pump etc. Lots to think about and of coarse it always comes down to budget and time. Being I own my own company you would think I can set whatever time I want but truth is I have not had time to take a vacation in over 7 years other than taking advantage of a few 3 and 4 day weekends when I can but I always have to stay in touch since my operation is a 24/7 ordeal...

The Fusion Bluetooth adapter is a must if your receiver doesn't have Bluetooth already!! It's the best $40 I have spent yet.

Looks like a great product. Works with any marine head unit with aux input, correct?

yes, exactly. I had to buy a Y connector to take the RCA out from the Bluetooth adapter to the Aux cable but yeah it works perfectly.

Well I did some more research and am following your set up closer Tim. I just ordered a Fusion Ca-DA51600 5 channel amp. Once I saw that when you took your cockpit speakers and linked them in parallel on the front channel, that amp really steps it up in a 2 ohm configuration. With regard to your tower speakers, are you happy with the two or would you have rather went to 4? The reason I am asking is that amp in 4 ohm puts out 80w x 2 but when you run it in 2 ohm like you did for your front speakers it jumps it to 250w x 2. My biggest concern would be the head room. I have also looked at this for a speaker light bar but am concerned it will be too much in the way.

Aerial Speaker Bar.jpg

I have smacked the HELL outta my head on the 2 that I have. And so has each and every other person, LOL. So I think that setup might be a little much. I am only 5'9"

I have smacked the HELL outta my head on the 2 that I have. And so has each and every other person, LOL. So I think that setup might be a little much. I am only 5'9"
Thats kind of what I was afraid of. I was also thinking of flipping the speakers to the top side however that would then require me to drop my tower every time I wanted to back it in the barn. As it is now you couldn't fit a sheet of paper between the tow pylon and the overhead door gasket...

Well I did some more research and am following your set up closer Tim. I just ordered a Fusion Ca-DA51600 5 channel amp. Once I saw that when you took your cockpit speakers and linked them in parallel on the front channel, that amp really steps it up in a 2 ohm configuration. With regard to your tower speakers, are you happy with the two or would you have rather went to 4? The reason I am asking is that amp in 4 ohm puts out 80w x 2 but when you run it in 2 ohm like you did for your front speakers it jumps it to 250w x 2. My biggest concern would be the head room. I have also looked at this for a speaker light bar but am concerned it will be too much in the way.

View attachment 12270

Be careful. Per Ohms Law with an unlimited current supply the best you can do when halving the impedance is double the power. But in reality you do not have unlimited supply (per the amplifier's internals) and you lose considerable efficiency at lower impedances. So doubling the power isn't a reality. The 4 X 80 into a 4-ohm load becomes 4 X 130 into a 2-ohm load. The 2 X 250 comes from bridging four channels into two but now you are restricted to no less than a 4-ohm load which negates the use of four speakers unless you run a bridged/series combo which drops you back to 2 X 160 watts (or 80 W per speaker).

Be careful. Per Ohms Law with an unlimited current supply the best you can do when halving the impedance is double the power. But in reality you do not have unlimited supply (per the amplifier's internals) and you lose considerable efficiency at lower impedances. So doubling the power isn't a reality. The 4 X 80 into a 4-ohm load becomes 4 X 130 into a 2-ohm load. The 2 X 250 comes from bridging four channels into two but now you are restricted to no less than a 4-ohm load which negates the use of four speakers unless you run a bridged/series combo which drops you back to 2 X 160 watts (or 80 W per speaker).
That makes better sense and with the way my stock head unit is with only line outs for front and rear channels, no line out for sub yet it has sub control built in (Clarion M502) with this amp (same as Tim is using) running the cockpit speakers in parallel on the front channel, running the tower speakers on the rear channel as well as the amps ability to phase the sub on it's sub channel I am hoping it will work and sound well. Tim said his does well and that is what I am looking for, not a blow your socks off system but one that can be turned up and be heard as clear as they can being they are installed in a boat. Sitting on hook listening to the stock head unit and four sparkers at a volume level of 20 on the radio it sounds great, good clean and full however when the engine is running at 6K plus and you turn the radio up it falls apart, not worth trying to listen too while under way and that is what I am hoping to achieve. As for my tower speakers, I am not interested in making them loud for whomever is on the end of the rope but have a nice sound when on the hook, swimming and on the beach etc. I have wired many sound systems but know enough to be dangerous at best so I am looking for any and all recommendations that will not blow the budget as I have lots of upgrades planned for the winter and i want to make good use of what came with the boat.

Last edited:
Back