• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any videos of Soundown kit installation?

Michael Kay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m planning to purchase a soundown kit form Will @ JBP, but there aren’t any real instructions on how to install it. Has anyone done it before, and do you have any comments regarding how well it works?

Thanks

Chris Jordan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If its not too late, save your money! I bought and installed the kit on my 2010 SX240. A major hassell to install and it didnt make an ounce of difference in the sound volume. I was extremely disappointed.
I recently traded in the SX240 for a 2018 model and couldnt be happier. The sound dampening is amazing.
Also, the fit and finish of everything has really improved.

Michael Kay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If its not too late, save your money! I bought and installed the kit on my 2010 SX240. A major hassell to install and it didnt make an ounce of difference in the sound volume. I was extremely disappointed.
I recently traded in the SX240 for a 2018 model and couldnt be happier. The sound dampening is amazing.
Also, the fit and finish of everything has really improved.
Do you happen to have any details or photos of your project? I would love to learn more from your experience. I'm not in a position to purchase a new model.

Chris Jordan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. But I did take the engine hood completely off the boat to work on it. Don't attempt to do it with the hood attached. But the hood is heavy and tricky to remove and reinstall.
Now that I have the 2018 model I can see where they made the sound dampening improvements. The inside of the hood in only part of it. They now have insulation material installed inside the rear gunnels as well as inside the transom above the drain plug area. I haven't pulled the floor panel yet to see if they've done anything there.
Bottom line, adding the SoundDown material to the engine compartment is not going to do much. I didn't notice any difference and it was a pain in the $#% to install it.
Just my opinion.

P.S. I love Jet Boat Pilot and all their aftermarket stuff. This item just didn't do the trick.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Engine hatch seal.
Insulate engine bay bulkheads.