• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone Not boating because it’s too hot?

Maybe I am just being a baby but it is just too brutal out there to go boating. Right now it’s 11am and UV index is 10/10, 65% humidity, feels like is 102 degrees. I am sunburnt and drenched in sweat by the time I could even get the boat ready. Water is in the mid-90s….and a gusty 4mph wind. I’d rather just sit in the AC lol. It’s been like this for the past two months, minus a few overcast days.
Absolutely. We call that “summer” here.

Its a scorcher here in sebastian too, I usually launch 5-6am and back by 10am.

Maybe I am just being a baby but it is just too brutal out there to go boating. Right now it’s 11am and UV index is 10/10, 65% humidity, feels like is 102 degrees. I am sunburnt and drenched in sweat by the time I could even get the boat ready. Water is in the mid-90s….and a gusty 4mph wind. I’d rather just sit in the AC lol. It’s been like this for the past two months, minus a few overcast days.

People move here for this great weather, lol.

New to Florida? No such thing as too hot or too sunny here! Wish it was 100 and a UV of a million year yound.....keeps all those pesky Northerners off my beaches, waterways and golf courses.

These is no such thing as too hot for boating in my opinion.
Texas Gulf Coast!:cool:

New to Florida? No such thing as too hot or too sunny here! Wish it was 100 and a UV of a million year yound.....keeps all those pesky Northerners off my beaches, waterways and golf courses.

Born and raised (minus a year or two as a kid in Tucson). Was hoping the heat would make them move back last year, it didn't seem to work.

How do you know it’s a season change in Florida, the color of the license plates change, not the leaves on the trees.

How do you know it’s a season change in Florida, the color of the license plates change, not the leaves on the trees.
Actually the out of state tags when traffic is backed up at the traffic light is usually a good indicator as you said ,
I want a horn that screams The light turned green so put down the phone and move already!!!
I moved here in 1972 from Mass when I was 20 years old I have seen it change every year more and more people moving here every year and I live in the densest populated county in the entire state But like they say in Mass it isn't the heat it's the humidity ok so they spelled humanity wrong .

I planned an end of summer boat trip for this Labor Day weekend but just cancelled the same. Actually my guests called me to cancel because it will be too hot this weekend to boat. I agree with them since our only available day is Sunday the hottest of the week, not that Saturday or Monday are much better. Bummer as I don’t mind seeing sweaty women in skimpy bikinis but somewhat of a relief since I’m sure there will be a lot of sweaty guys in shorts and no shirts out there as well. 961A6070-760E-4861-9EEB-F4724601F8B9.png

I planned an end of summer boat trip for this Labor Day weekend but just cancelled the same. Actually my guests called me to cancel because it will be too hot this weekend to boat. I agree with them since our only available day is Sunday the hottest of the week, not that Saturday or Monday are much better. Bummer as I don’t mind seeing sweaty women in skimpy bikinis but somewhat of a relief since I’m sure there will be a lot of sweaty guys in shorts and no shirts out there as well. View attachment 186997
And here we are struggling to get to 80* on a daily basis.

Back