• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anyone that added Sound Deadening please chime in here...

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I did my ski locker, cleanout port cover, and fuel tank deck cover yesterday with the KILLMAT. My question is, has anyone gotten any of that butyl rubber residue on anything they store in these areas? I see some spots in my work where it looks like that black rubber crap will come off and stain whatever it contacts on the underside of those covers. Thoughts?

I have seen people use the aluminum duct tape on the seams which I assume is to prevent the residue issues your referring to. I only put Kimlat in the rear bilge, engine compartment and fuel take cover so nothing gets stored in those areas.

Is that aluminum tape waterproof?

Have you used the boat yet? Is it quieter? And where do you buy this stuff? Thx

While they no longer exist - I suggest anyone looking tackle this to read. It sucks most of his information is lost to history books.

I did Kilmat 80mil 2 years ago. It helped quite a bit I think. I added to as much surface in rear bilge as I could get to since that area is a echo chamber, I wanted to cover the water boxes too but will probably wait until my YES has expired in case it causes any conflicts with potential coverage. I then added to engine compartment, on all for sides all the way to the bottom of the bilge. I removed the factory foam and added kilmat there too then reapplied the foam. I think some foam blocks to the rear bilge would still help absorbe some of the reflections but have not found any yet. I got my Kilmat from Amazon. I think they have been having supply chain issues however. Dynamat would be my next choice but costs more.

Last edited:
While I would not consider this redneck trick for my boat it does work for me with heat coming through the tub floor of my off road rig.

Ceramic micro balloons are created in a vacuum, A thermal engineer told me once that heat and sound do not transmit through a vacuum.
I used the micro balloons that model airplane builders use to lighten epoxy,
Mixed into a can of black rustoleum to a bedliner consistancy, Spooged on thick with a brush.

Not my idea, I found this while researching an alternative to "Lizard Skin", an expensive coating some hotrodders use.
91o9wtrinmL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't tried it yet... I'm in PA, it's still "off season" for me.

Back