• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 195 Heat Soak

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Sounds probable. I took the boat out today. With the Ribbon delete, there is definitely a difference from out of the hole and acceleration. Didn't really do much for my top end. Still only getting 42 on the lie o meter. I think my phone GPS showed 42.8. That was after adjusting my throttle stop. Just about the only thing I did not do when I did my 10 hour service was open my airbox. Now you have me thinking. I also run Rec 90 ethanol-free fuel. I do think the 2019's are a little slower. I am just not so sure it should be running at 41 42. That seems really low. Especially for a 14 hour new boat.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think right around 7200.
Yeah that’s a key sign that something is going on as you should be seeing your RPMS between 7650 - 7750 at WOT.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems like it should be higher. Do you wet slip the boat? Have you tried gas from more than one station in case the gas isn’t really rec 90?

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No to wet slip. I have tried gas from different stations but always use the ethanol-free. I do have the L 13 cone which if I remember correctly, after install. that is when my rpm's went down. When I removed all spacers, cavitation returned but the rpm's didn't. The last couple outings, I only had the blue spacer on. Had very little cavitation but only had 7150 -7230 rpm. I am going to try to switch to the gold spacer which is thinner then the blue. I also have to check my airbox in case something is in there that shouldn't be. That is the only thing I didn't check / do when I did the 10 service.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No to wet slip. I have tried gas from different stations but always use the ethanol-free. I do have the L 13 cone which if I remember correctly, after install. that is when my rpm's went down. When I removed all spacers, cavitation returned but the rpm's didn't. The last couple outings, I only had the blue spacer on. Had very little cavitation but only had 7150 -7230 rpm. I am going to try to switch to the gold spacer which is thinner then the blue. I also have to check my airbox in case something is in there that shouldn't be. That is the only thing I didn't check / do when I did the 10 service.
I have the same motor and pump as the 2019 with a slightly different haul design. I'm running the lucky 13 cone with all 3 spacers installed and seeing RPM's at 7,600 and a top speed of 50.0 GPS with a full tank of gas. Have you ever seen your RPM's higher? I'm almost wondering if somehow you got a high elevation impeller installed on your boat. @SamCF or @swatski any thoughts?

MNPAT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think a high elevation impeller would make it spin even higher rpm than what it would normally operating at low elevation.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Interesting theory. How could I tell? Is there a visible stamp or something on the impeller? Yesterday, It was my wife and I with 70 percent gas. No extra equipment as the cooler was empty and 7 life vest on board. Only got up to 42 mph in the intracoastal with relatively flat conditions. 88 Degrees temp. I just inspected my airbox. Everything looks good / new. I did pull the snorkel off since that seems to be the general consensus.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I must say other then the lack of top end, the boat does run very good. Smooth. Prior to the L 13 cone, I did have the cavitation at hole shot but probable not any more then what I was reading about on this forum.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you saying that this issue only started after you installed the L13? Could something be slightly off with the pump from reassembly?

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm not saying it started when I switched cones. I just really didn't notice it until switching cones. If that makes any sense. I don't think I ever ran it full throttle with the factory cone. I noticed the cavitation so I almost immediately bought the L 13 cone. Besides, it's such an easy installation with only four bolts, I don't see how any way it could possibly been messed up on reinstall.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt you messed up the reinstall, and this may have been covered in another thread, but was there sealant between the parts of the pump you took apart? Maybe some is needed?

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There wasn't much sealant between the parts. I did apply a thin coat a sealant using black RTV. Maybe I should have put a thicker coat on but I would think the rpms would still be high. I do appreciate all your suggestions though and trying to help me with this.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey I just checked the connext trip log. Apparently the fastest the boat has seen is 45.6 MPH. Maybe the redesign hull and the L13? As previously stated, I removed the blue washer and replaced with the gold one. I will retest probably not till next Thursday unfortunately.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Doesn't the ribbon on your throttle body intake also perform as your flame arrestor? I

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes it does. There is countless discussion on the removal and risk.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Something is up as you should be seeing about 7,600 to 7,700 RPMS and about 10 more MPH. I have a 2017 AR195 with a Lucky 13 and run 50 to 51 with the top up and 4 people in the boat. What elevation are you at?
What shims are you using? Thanks

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What shims are you using? Thanks
I have all 3 spacers installed. I found only a 50-100 RPMs difference between 0 - 3 spacers.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not saying it started when I switched cones. I just really didn't notice it until switching cones. If that makes any sense. I don't think I ever ran it full throttle with the factory cone. I noticed the cavitation so I almost immediately bought the L 13 cone. Besides, it's such an easy installation with only four bolts, I don't see how any way it could possibly been messed up on reinstall.
The base of the L13 is angled, this means the narrow side of the cone base sits on the top side of the hub. This way the tip of the cone will point into the center of the venturi nozzle after install. I would check the tip is centered - in the venturi opening.
If yours is possibly reversed (tapered or pointing "down") it could possibly influence the boats attitude pushing the bow down? - kind of like trimming an outboard down, or shimming the pump venturi down - if that makes sense.

Just thinking out loud...

--