• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 195 Heat Soak

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I took it out yesterday. This time, I had four (4) adults including myself and a small cooler. The top was open, water temp was 89.3 degrees. The waves were around 1/2 foot. Top RPM was 7245. I will check the cone again. I do remember when I installed it, I was able to find the "T" marking. It looks like it is centered. I had previously purchased trim tabs for the Scarab 165 ID when I had it. Due to not having room to ever install it. I never did. I did install the tabs on this AR195 a few weeks after purchasing the boat since I already had them and threw all the boxes away. They are at a negative angle when not deployed but do you suppose they could still be causing some type of drag? Would it affect RPM as well or just top speed?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took it out yesterday. This time, I had four (4) adults including myself and a small cooler. The top was open, water temp was 89.3 degrees. The waves were around 1/2 foot. Top RPM was 7245. I will check the cone again. I do remember when I installed it, I was able to find the "T" marking. It looks like it is centered. I had previously purchased trim tabs for the Scarab 165 ID when I had it. Due to not having room to ever install it. I never did. I did install the tabs on this AR195 a few weeks after purchasing the boat since I already had them and threw all the boxes away. They are at a negative angle when not deployed but do you suppose they could still be causing some type of drag? Would it affect RPM as well or just top speed?
I doubt the tabs drag when retracted, but it would depend how those are mounted.
If above the ride plate, shouldn’t influence speed. Here is a picture that @Williamsone46 posted some time ago of a 242 stern on plane:
7921B036-413E-4614-955E-3214194EF429.png

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes. It is definitely mounted above the ride plate. Trailing edge with negative angle. (Not as much as I would like but negative). I had even put 20 onces of Boostane in my fuel tank in case the Rec 90 fuel was not quite high enough. I really didn't notice and difference. I have the blue and red washer on the L13. I have tried just about every combo. With the Red and Blue washer, I have very minor cavitation.
I am working this weekend so I am going to take it back out on Monday. Maybe I will drop it in the canal near my house. The water is always smooth and flat. I am getting to the end. I am not really sure what else I can do to get the RPMs up.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just an update. I ran in the canal and got the following with the red and blue washer on the L13: 43 MPH @ 7360 RPMs.
Just out of curiosity, I install all 3 washers and ran it again: 42 MPH @ 7240 RPM - Zero (0) cavitation.
The above test were at 91 degrees, full tank of gas, flat conditions, No to little wind, Bimini top NOT open. My 11 year old son and me in the boat. (I weigh 180 lbs).
Overall, I am done as I really like NOT having cavitation at all. Maybe, after some more hours, it will come up in speed a little. 18.8 hours on boat as of now. I really want to thank everyone that chimed in to help. I really appreciate it. My next project is adding linear actuators so that I can use power to raise and lower the wake tower.