• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR190 10 hr service question - screw cover missing

jbflx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you guys take the boat to the dealer for the 1st service ?

They stored mine over the winter - had about 1.5 hr on the engine.
They told me it was "fogged" not sure what is this exactly
do they take the sparks plugs out ? or squirt fog oil in through the air intake ?

Noticed one of the engine cover screws is missing - is there a change I will recover it ?
I am more concerned that it wasn't tightened enough so it will end up in the wrong place

Last edited:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some guys do, and some guys stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

But don't go by me. My boat has never been to the dealer. The 10 hr service is a snap.

Even with the one time purchase of the necessary equipment you will save considerable money and usually considerable time by changing your own oil going forward.

Your engines were fogged as part of the winteriation procedure to displace moisture and prevent corrosion. If you live in a cold, wet place it's a real good idea. Typically you run the engine and spray the fogging oil into the intake until the engine dies. You can spray it directly into the cylinders by removing the plugs for even more protection. Depends on your type of winter.

I don't fog my engines. The boat resides in Hades. Also known as the spot where the Mojave and Sonoran deserts transition. It's hot.

Additionally, you should add a fuel stabilizer - or some like to drain and lines the tank completely. Again, depends on your winter.

What screw are we talking about? Important?

I'm sure there is a link to detailed instructions for the service, including winterization.

Check the FAQ section

jbflx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I meant one of engine cover screws ... if it wasn't tightened and its roaming freely inside the engine compartment ...

is there any chance I can recover it ? I don't think the bilge pump can spit it out

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some guys do, and some guys stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
I almost lost my coffee... lol

@jbflx you can always get one of those magnets that comes at the end on an extension rod and try to see if you "fish" anything.
depending on the screw it is more likely that it went out of the boat via one of the drainage plugs.

jbflx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
found it - tucked in one of the engine metal "pockets"
sooo glad :)
the service dept tech would never touch my boat again (unless is a warranty issue)