• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR190-AR192 PICS!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Waters over full pool in Lanier. All the beaches are gone.
One weekend I'm going to make it over to Lanier. Such a beautiful lake.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clarks Hill has been letting out water for the past 2 weeks while it poured. We got 4" of rain in 24 hours.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Waters over full pool in Lanier. All the beaches are gone.
I guess it's a good thing you have a floating beach then!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Fellas, I think we've got a winner for the prototype 19' bag! The pics don't do it justice how big the wave is but if I had to guess I'd say 2-3'. You really need a person back there to give you a good perspective of size. It was really hard trying to get pics and vids while out solo. This bag placement is a perfect sweet spot for listing the boat. It will want to naturally turn to whichever side you put the bag on and it creates a really nice face and curl. Wished I could have been back there!

I had to grab a pic of my boat all listed over with the 750 lb and 490 bags filled :D

IMG_9260.JPG

Gangsta lean :D

750 + 490 bags listed.jpg

This was with just the 490 lb prototype bag....

IMG_9240.JPG

750 lb and 490 lb bag ...

IMG_9263.JPG

Last edited:

Bob Fluck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
B383ECA8-EA39-45B5-8A02-5110E56CB8A2.jpeg Finally picked up my new to me AR192 (2014) today. We had a couple of financing issues that we had to take care of but finally got her home after a 3.5 hour drive. Now just hoping the weather is nice next weekend to get her out for the first time. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited towed like a champ.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I’d like to see a rider on that wave... looks good

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ballast. The pics directly above your post are if just the new 490 bag!
What are the details on that bag. I might consider giving surfing a try again if I don't have to do a gajillion steps for setup, spend an hour getting everything ready, or losing any seats.

Wonder if a regular AR190 could even get to 11mph with that load? 490lbs is only a couple of people I would think it could.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What are the details on that bag. I might consider giving surfing a try again if I don't have to do a gajillion steps for setup, spend an hour getting everything ready, or losing any seats.

Wonder if a regular AR190 could even get to 11mph with that load? 490lbs is only a couple of people I would think it could.
Yes its only 490 lbs but it's where it is placed that causes the boat to list and sink down in the water. 490 lb on the bench would not get the same result as where this bag is placed on the swim platform, thus how the boat handles that weight would be different. When I added the 750 lb bag it was almost too much for the supercharged engine to even get to surfing speeds if you tried to creep up to those speeds. I had to nail it to get the boat on plane and then back it down with that weight. IMO it's too much and too hard to handle. I think 490 swim deck bag + 400 lbs on the bench would be a nice mix of performance/control for the supercharged engine and wave size. The 490 bag alone was really nice as you can see in the pics above!

Setting up the ballast doesn't take a long time. I mainly tied off the top first, began filling and then tied off the bottom. The bag is actually supposed to have two handles on the rear slanted area rather than the bottom. I believe this will be address on the production bags. @jcyamaharider can confirm. More info of the bag in this thread including a video https://jetboaters.net/threads/custom-swimdeck-ballast-bag-project.14048/page-12

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like a nice wave! I a may have to change my tune about surfing jet boats after seeing that. What kind of RPM's are you running at surf speeds with the load?
About 5800 at 10-11 mph using the prototype 490 bag. I probably had about another 25 lbs I could have filled in the bag. With this bag it will cause the boat to list and turn to whatever side the bag is placed on the swim deck (regular or goofy). Straight line wasn't building up the wave because of jet wash so with the natural turning of the boat from the list I just adding in a slight amount of steering in the surf direction and the wave came to life like magic. You will need a wide area so that you can control that slight wide turn but the wave looks nice curl, decent long pocket with a vertical transition at the bottom. I also tried adding my 750 bag on the bench seat surf side and it was too much. Need less weight and even more so once you add people on board. So this is good news as the 490 bag puts the boat at a real nice list and attitude because of where the weight is placed and distributed. Less ballast weight = less time to fill = less RPM / gas. If you have a big crew and a lot of ballast someone will need to be in the bow to help prevent plowing. I hope to try it soon or next time I have a crew onboard to see how it does with me surfing it.

Here's a video. It's not the best as it was hard to film + drive + shift body around while solo. Couldn't get any buddies off their ass in the morning to go test or surf wih me. IMO it certainly has potential now. Just need to surf on it and get my buddies accustomed to driving/balancing the attitude of the boat.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where did you go @DBamaC ?

We need to do my lights one day :D

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We are at Logan Martin...one of my least favorite lakes in the area. The boy is a councellor in training at Camp Cosby and the wife couldn’t stand not seeing him for an entire month so I rented her a cabin for the weekend halfway through. We have found a great place...no tv all relaxation. Kids were actually playing board games last night instead of sitting glued to their phones.

Tried out the island thing we bought at Costco. Dang awesome for the money. We’ll bring it to The Martin get together.

I’ll help you do the lights and we’ll pull my spark arrestee. Deal?

I have had issues with my stereo all weekend. Going to rework everything while the kids are away and install the new amp.

Seen at least 6 Yammis this weekend.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmmm that's a tough trade...LED lights for a supercharged engine spark arrestor removal :D

But you're a good guy and I would be glad to help ya! I honestly don't think it's worth it on our supercharged boats unless maybe you do other mods wanting the most air flow. But...I will help if you really want to do it. I've actually debated about putting mine back in but the thought of going through the install all over again shakes the sense back into me :D

Looking forward to the island thing at the Lake Martin gathering!