• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR190 speedometer paddle wheel replacemnt

Paul Strader

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks @njmr2fan ! I hit something on the water and my paddle wheel broke and the axel bent. When I called my local Yamaha dealer asking for the paddle wheel repair kit, they said that wouldn’t work to fix it and I had to replace the whole sensor unit at a cost of about $500. Thanks to your write up, I changed out the axel and paddle wheel for only $30 and about an hour of time. Bumped the ignition and had someone spin the wheel and it seems to be working! Thanks again!

Only drawback to this fixing the problem was if it didn’t work I was going to install Perfect Pass or Ride Steady Hydrophase, oh well, next time.
Found out yesterday I had a broken paddle-wheel! God bless you guys for the info. My dealer is worthless for parts. I was quoted $500 also. They didn't want to know anything about fixing the transponder, just replace it! Ordering the wheel right away! This forum is a blessing!

Paul Strader

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just finished installing the new paddle wheel on my 2015 AR192 transponder. It is a little different than the instructions shown. It is a one piece unit. once the wire is removed, the whole transponder comes out and you have the paddle wheel and axle in front off you. You use needle nose pliers to remove the axle and the axle pushes in easily with your fingers. The transponder casing holds the axle in place once you put it back. I have included pictures of how to locate the info to check what model you have. This is a DST-N2000. Part#44-127-6-01. The model # is a Yamaha OEM number. The part number is the same as the Airmar DST-850. I have included pictures and the pdf of the owners manual for anyone that needs it. The owners manual lists the paddle wheel part number for this unit towards the bottom.
IMG_4235.jpg IMG_4221.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Edmarcha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where do I buy paddle wheel/speedometer repair kit for 2013 SX190 pedometer not working?

Thanks

CA Sterling Archer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do I buy paddle wheel/speedometer repair kit for 2013 SX190 pedometer not working?

Thanks

Search for “Airmar 33-113 Paddlewheel Spares Kit”. You can find one on www.imarineusa.com

It’ll includes a few rubber gaskets, the paddle wheel, and a new axle.

Not a hard fix, good luck! Any issues you happen to run into, just ask.

Edmarcha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Search for “Airmar 33-113 Paddlewheel Spares Kit”. You can find one on www.imarineusa.com

It’ll includes a few rubber gaskets, the paddle wheel, and a new axle.

Not a hard fix, good luck! Any issues you happen to run into, just ask.
Thank you

I will remove the assembly first to make sure, then order the part.

Chuck1515

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since it poured today and Im lucky enough to have my boat parked in one side of my garage I decided I would attempt to repair the paddle wheel. After mentioning it to the selling dealer He steered me to a paddlewheel repair kit that I purchased for $23. It came with a new Paddlewheel, Axle, and 5 new O-rings.

View attachment 63132

The repair manual didn't have much to say on the removal of the unit so I was just winging it. Here's how the repair went.

I removed the panel under the wet storage area to access the paddlewheel assembly which uses and airmar plastic through hull unit.

View attachment 63133

If I had known that the inner edge of that cut out had so many loose strands of fiberglass I would have worn long sleeves. Also if anyone winds up doing this repair or others in there, wear gloves! I got a fiberglass shard under the fingernail which made me stand up and see stars.

Before the tops off you have to loosen the top clamp on the clean-out port tube, and then gently move the whole unit over if you're not disconnecting the wet storage drain tube.

View attachment 63134

Once open it was clear I was in the right place. The sensor assembly was right there, secured with safety wire.

View attachment 63135

Once the safety wire was un-looped, the top of the unit unscrews normally until it touches the round metal loop attached to the top. After that a few turns unscrewed the second retainer ring holding the unit in the Airmar tube. Once they're both unlocked, grab the metal ring and pull the entire unit up out of the tube.

View attachment 63136

Ha Ha! Uh oh!:eek:

View attachment 63137

I pushed the pin axle out with a punch and out came my broken paddlewheel. Even though the broken paddlewheel still spun by hand, the pin axle was bent upon inspection.

View attachment 63138

I put the new Wheel in making sure it would face the correct way, and changed all the O-rings with the ones supplied in the package. I noticed that the unit has grooves for 4, although only 2 were used. I decided I'd use all 4 since I had the grooves. I used high vacuum grease on all O-ring replacements, and since this would see constant water infiltration I probably over greased them.

View attachment 63139

After that it gets pushed back into the Airmar tube facing the right direction, and the two retention caps are tightened and then secured with the safety wire.

I have high hopes that this fixes my problem, I guess I'll have to report back after the rain stops and I get on the lake. I really want a functioning Speedo...
Great post. Worked for me. Thanks. When you put the panel back on what caulk did you use to seal it for leaks?

Chuck1515

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just finished installing the new paddle wheel on my 2015 AR192 transponder. It is a little different than the instructions shown. It is a one piece unit. once the wire is removed, the whole transponder comes out and you have the paddle wheel and axle in front off you. You use needle nose pliers to remove the axle and the axle pushes in easily with your fingers. The transponder casing holds the axle in place once you put it back. I have included pictures of how to locate the info to check what model you have. This is a DST-N2000. Part#44-127-6-01. The model # is a Yamaha OEM number. The part number is the same as the Airmar DST-850. I have included pictures and the pdf of the owners manual for anyone that needs it. The owners manual lists the paddle wheel part number for this unit towards the bottom.
View attachment 80746View attachment 80748
Great post. Worked for me. Thanks. When you put the panel back on what caulk did you use to seal it for leaks?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used High vacuum grease only, never had a leak

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@shrivel check this thread out regarding your speedometer. Might be some help here to help you figure out your problem.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, is there any way to know if this wheel kit services a 2019 AR195? My wheel was damaged from the bunk being too close. I've been trying to get Hats Off Motorsports in Bellevue, Nebraska to fix it for over a year but they are being super shady about taking care of it.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For us that have a 2019 AR195, our DST800 Transducer paddle wheel kit is 33-398-04
At the cost of writing this it is going for 18$. Way easier/cheaper than dealing with the hassle of a crappy dealership

Jared Weston Geers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the paddle wheel spins freely, but there is a paddle completely snapped off and another which has a broken piece off it. I guess thats my culprit? an unbalanced paddlewheel?
View attachment 63053

Here's a picture of my broken paddlewheel. One of the paddles is snapped off and one of the fins that direct water across the paddles is also gone. Im guessing that pretty early on the boat hit a rock or log or maybe even the trailer. Looking back I read that the previous owner had asked about this problem on the other site.
Thank you very much! I just used your guide to replace the broken paddle wheel on my Airmar unit. Took less time than I thought!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone confirm this works for 2020 FSH195?
You could look at your transducer and cross reference it from the site perhaps. I would assume they use the same tri-ducer