• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar192 console questions

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my older AR192 there is no second door to a hold on the starboard side, however on the newer one there is. With that being said the older has the glove box and lid, the new one has the pull down door with cushion cover. On the new boat both port and starboard have hold locker doors, the old is just on the port side. Is there anything preventing me from installing a door on the starboard side?
I have not pulled the seat to investigate the opening or to see how much space there is, so it may be a moot point I dont know yet.
If anyone has done something like this please let me know. Just looking to add a small space to give the kids their own locker to put toys in that wont get in the way of important items in the opposite side.
2.JPG

Last edited:

Gap22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think Captain Leon did this on his YouTube channel

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my older AR192 there is no second door to a hold on the starboard side, however on the newer one there is. With that being said the older has the glove box and lid, the new one has the pull down door with cushion cover. On the new boat both port and starboard have hold locker doors, the old is just on the port side. Is there anything preventing me from installing a door on the starboard side?
I have not pulled the seat to investigate the opening or to see how much space there is, so it may be a moot point I dont know yet.
If anyone has done something like this please let me know. Just looking to add a small space to give the kids their own locker to put toys in that wont get in the way of important items in the opposite side.
View attachment 185611
I did this......gimme a minute to dig up the thread.

Found a couple

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Freaking clutch, I needed a win today and you just nailed it.
How did you do your template, and did you end up using the screws the other individual suggested?
Any tips or tricks for someone who hasn't cut into the fiberglass before?

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The door from the link isn't currently available I am emailing the company to see if they have a projection on dates of return if not ill start down the rabbit hole that is Amazon

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RNYCLV

When I cut I used an oscillating tool from Harbor Freight. Get a bunch of blades you'll clog them with fiberglass I think I used 4-5 of them.

For a template, I covered the whole panel in blue masking tape, then held the door up and taped it in place. Swung it open/closed a few times. Checked interferences with ski locker and port side storage door. Also checked for parallelity with the floor and other surfaces to get the "look" right (FYI, it's NOT level with the ground). Once I was happy with location and fit-up, I traced the location of the door onto the masking tape, then cut slightly outside the line (as best I could). Just take your time, it's not hard, just tedious.

If I had it to do again, I would attempt to buy the same door for the helm as on the port side from Yamaha. I'm not super pleased with the "unclip and turn" style latches. The simple door latch from Yamaha is much better from a day to day operations standpoint.

Good Luck!

*edit* A few pics

1660750191877.png

1660750207161.png

FYI, there is a thickened section running vertically through the center of this panel. Be ready for it when you're cutting. You can see it in this picture.
1660750273838.png

Panel thickness looks like this:
1660750293870.png

Last edited:

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u, Thank you again. This is going to be a test of my confidence....lol, I am apprehensive about cutting the hole, but think its a worth while upgrade. I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this. The information has been invaluable, you've saved a ton of leg work and research on products. I will keep you posted on the progress. Currently doing some LED replacements on the courtesy lights and doing a double battery upgrade. The door is up right after I get those done.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RNYCLV

Worst part is making the first cut in that pristine panel of fiberglass. I had my neighbor helping, and after about 5 minutes of staring at it, he took the saw and plunged it in the middle of the opening and said " well, we're either making a hole or repairing a cut, let's get on with it".

One the hole was cut it was a quick install. 110% worth the effort for the extra storage space!

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u , @Coult45
Well this project my be out on hold. Took boat out today. Was running great till it wasn’t.
we cursing at about 30/35. Then, engine hit limp mode dash flashing check engine
Limped back to dock, checked oil, fine. Checked clean out. Nothing. Brought trailer down. Figured would try one last time. Started up. No alarm or check engine and was able to drive to trailer around the dock.
time to figure this one out!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well this project my be out on hold. Took boat out today. Was running great till it wasn’t.
we cursing at about 30/35. Then, engine hit limp mode dash flashing check engine
Limped back to dock, checked oil, fine. Checked clean out. Nothing. Brought trailer down. Figured would try one last time. Started up. No alarm or check engine and was able to drive to trailer around the dock.
time to figure this one out!
Temporarily clogged cooling intake port. <--There's my guess :D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll check when I get back to the house.
under the plate? Should I remove that plate ?
Naw, just check it for debris. I've had a leaf clog mine before. Just got sucked onto the pickup. Once I stopped and investigated, I peeled that off and away I went.