• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 Perfect Pass and Ballast Testing....GoPro Footage

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
First time out on the water this year and had to give the new mods a test. I was really skeptical about the 192 only needing a 750# bag for a nice straight line surfing wave, but @jcyamaharider assured me it would be sufficient. So I opted for 2 400# bags, one for the port side compartment and one for on the rear seat. The wife thought the wave looked really good with just the 400# bag but I am not sure. I think the camera position makes it hard to see, and having never surfed or tried, I have no idea what's a good wave and whats not. LOL. I did discover that no matter how nice the quick connect fittings are on the bags, you will never be quick enough not to get water everywhere. I may invest in the fittings with the check valves built in.......I am also not sure about the speed.....maybe too fast maybe too slow ??

As for the Perfect Pass......not much to say except its going to be great. I just throttled up and it took over :)

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks totally surf able !!! Usually with more weight you might want to bump up your speed a hair !!! Try it and have fun !!!!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well something happened near the end of the 800# shot. Around the 2 min mark it looks like the wave changed. Not sure if the boat came down to the set speed then bumped up or what but the pitch of engine changes and so does the wave lol. Again, this was all straight line too

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I like it. Perfect pass is in the works but my bronco has to get finished first.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh yeah that wave is surfable, wheres my board!! :cool: I wouldn't mind seeing a view from the tower. Also how deep of water where you in? I assume this was a lake?

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I will have to get a post clamp mount for that view. Maybe I will try the suction cup on the windshield facing rearward for time being? I have a shot like that with no ballast, I will see what it looks like.

I didn't look at the exact depth but I think it was 12-18 feet deep water. Yes local lake. Maybe that's why the shape of wake changed some at the end, water got deeper? Or is there a certain depth where it doesn't matter any longer? At 2:10 until the end I think it looks damn good!

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
10ft or less of water will make a huge change to the wake size in the negative direction.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hmmm, well I will have to look and see what the depth was in that little area. I am pretty sure it wasn't less than 10', there aren't too many spots that shallow more than 25-50yds from shore. It could have been speed too or maybe the wife moved up front (she was in the bow with my daughter). Anyhow, the water can't warm up fast enough! Saw a wakeboarder, but he has a wetsuit on. Gauge showed 64 degree temp

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I jumped in.......then right back out!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I jumped in.......then right back out!
Heck no!! I stuck my feet in and it was pretty damn cold LOL! If it would have been pushing 80 like yesterday and today, then maybe!! I am sure it's a little warmer your way. You get the warm days before I do ;)

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wave looks great, you're going to have a lot of fun. We surfed a little at the end of last year using a knee board with the strap removed. Just bought a Ronix Koal Fish and can't wait for the water to warm up. Convincing my wife we need ballast is a challenge, so far she thinks it's good enough to just move people around the boat. Where did you shoot the footage? We primarily go to Alum, and by primarily I mean that's the only place I've been with the boat.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain when you were running at 10.3 with full ballast, what rpms approx. where you running at? How was the noise level in the cockpit at that? My end goal is if I can make my 192 perfectly suitable to do everything I want I will then work on adding auto fill ballast vs. my portable setup, even if it means ordering custom sacks to fit that get the weight where I want it. I am toying with the idea in a year or so to trade up to a 212X but am waiting to see what yamaha does to improve that boat, supposedly they were working with wake makers to improve things, if they integrate a ballast system into the new electronics etc. I will def. be on the upgrade list...

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks man! I have a feeling my wife will try to convince me I only need the one bag and human ballast which will work fine depending who's out with us. If just her and the kids we will need both.

We primarily (like you...meaning always) go to Salt Fork(where footage is from)We would occasionally make a trip to buckeye lake but that's out now. I've never been to Alum but would like to. It's just a little longer drive. I bought the Versa board for the kids to use (it's like Zup board, check it out on overtones) and a Slingshot Space Pickle for the wife and I. We can't wait for water temps to come up and some time off work lol

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am really wanting to do some ballast in my 192, but I would really like to keep the sacs below deck or under seats. I wondered if a big locker bag like a 750 plus about a 400 under the port rear seat would give good results? It seems like everyone tries to keep the weight towards the back?

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy I have no idea on rpms. The perfect pass kicked in and I payed no attention lol. I'll try to get a reading for you next time we are out. Noise wasn't terrible, no different than doing anything else on the boat.

There's not much room for ballast. If you take the plywood piece out that separates the compartments from the transom there is a little more room but not enough to get much more ballast there. From your plans it sounds like you bought the wrong boat lol

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice @CFD3Captain . I am stoked that you are not only back in the game but taking the game to a new level!!!! Have fun this season!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@skrip345 a 750 won't fit under port seat. Well it will, but it won't fill to its full potential. My one 400 fills the compartment pretty much entirely except for back where my battery is (moved it back). The only time I will need the second 400 bag on rear seat is when we don't have others with us. Meaning if just the wife and two kids, we will use it but we also still have lots of room. If we have a few guests, well they become ballast lol. See if you can find the thread where the put one 750 across rear seat on Sx model. @jcyamaharider surfed it rope less. I'll post the link later when I'm at computer.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am really wanting to do some ballast in my 192, but I would really like to keep the sacs below deck or under seats. I wondered if a big locker bag like a 750 plus about a 400 under the port rear seat would give good results? It seems like everyone tries to keep the weight towards the back?
That should make for a really good result but you will have to swap the bags around. 400 under the seat and 750 on top. Just not enough room.

Living in Sedalia you should check out our gathering going on at Table rock lake in June!! We will have plenty of boats there with ballast systems that you can check out.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain I know a 750 will be tight under the port seat and will be experimenting some with it. I will fill it on the seat and see how the boat rides, then fill it under the seat and compare as it is info I think everyone is curious with but no one has posted results. If I had a scale that I could weight the boat and doit both ways would be the ultimate in results... As of right now I am working with what I have and will get by this summer. 2 weeks from tomorrow it will be getting its first real test with me in the water...

Last edited:

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Haha, I should have been more clear. I intended on putting the 750 in the ski locker. I wondered if the weight being that far forward would be useful. Then a 400 under the rear port seat. I suppose if it didn't work in the locker I could put it across the back. I just like the idea of hidden ballast. Most of the time there will only be 3-4 people on board, so space isn't really limited. Maybe Im asking for my cake and hoping to eat it too!