• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 Perfect Pass and Ballast Testing....GoPro Footage

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well hopefully it all works out for you. Of course my opinion is I went the best route lol. Short of just using the 750# on top of the seats as in the other thread (look how huge that thing is on the seat) I don't think I could have done it any better.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What's wrong with a big bag ? :p

20140614_141948.jpg

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Nothing when your wife wants a big bag @jcyamahariders wife LOL But my wife didn't want my bag out in the open :facepalm:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just pulled the cover off mine... it keeps most debris out. :( I was hoping to jump right in and get to work but I had to wash it so that will be a task for tomorrow. I am only using the shipping cover, wonder if the mooring cover does a better job. My boat is supposed to live in my garage but it gets moved out when I am sanding and painting for obvious reasons... luckily I am not restoring a car every day. Photos to come of what I figure out tomorrow.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup"Well thanks guys, I ordered a ballast combo kit and a surf board today. Now the long wait for the ups guy! I ended up going with wakemaker's dual 400's. I think I can stash one under the rear port seat, and one on top for surfing, or one in the ski locker for wakeboarding. I am PUMPED to try surfing out!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup"Well thanks guys, I ordered a ballast combo kit and a surf board today. Now the long wait for the ups guy! I ended up going with wakemaker's dual 400's. I think I can stash one under the rear port seat, and one on top for surfing, or one in the ski locker for wakeboarding. I am PUMPED to try surfing out!
My exact setup and same place I ordered. You won't be disappointed!!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got a little done. I moved my battery over as far as I could, you can see the old indention. I also moved the extinguisher from the side of the ledge to the top. The bag sits diagonally and I will try it in this configuration this weekend. If I need the extra room I will add a ground block and move the battery under the pass console.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well today was a success but I didnt get to try out my ballast. I had 6 adults and gear and I am guessing I had about 1300# in the boat. So glad I went with the super charged version, it took a bit longer to plane out but it still ran 35 with all that on board and did well all around. I looked things over some more and decided I will relocate the battery just to be safe and free up the room so that is the next task.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
[QUOTE="We primarily (like you...meaning always) go to Salt Fork(where footage is from)We would occasionally make a trip to buckeye lake but that's out now. I've never been to Alum but would like to. It's just a little longer drive." [/QUOTE]
We are at Alum a lot -- and sometimes at Seneca (our friends have a house there). Plan to hit Salt Fork this summer as well. Maybe we'll see you.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How does you bag stay there without being secure? We have the big 800 lb bag that is round and has straps. it won't stay but we use the straps to tie to tower and grabrail.
The fly high bag is a trapezoidal shape when full, so it doesn't roll off the seat.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
[QUOTE="We primarily (like you...meaning always) go to Salt Fork(where footage is from)We would occasionally make a trip to buckeye lake but that's out now. I've never been to Alum but would like to. It's just a little longer drive."
We are at Alum a lot -- and sometimes at Seneca (our friends have a house there). Plan to hit Salt Fork this summer as well. Maybe we'll see you.[/QUOTE]

We plan to try Seneca a time or two as well. I saw 3 Yamaha's and 1 Chap Jet last Saturday at Salt Fork.

LyonsAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks man! I have a feeling my wife will try to convince me I only need the one bag and human ballast which will work fine depending who's out with us. If just her and the kids we will need both.

We primarily (like you...meaning always) go to Salt Fork(where footage is from)We would occasionally make a trip to buckeye lake but that's out now. I've never been to Alum but would like to. It's just a little longer drive. I bought the Versa board for the kids to use (it's like Zup board, check it out on overtones) and a Slingshot Space Pickle for the wife and I. We can't wait for water temps to come up and some time off work lol
@CFD3Captain how do you like the versa board? Bought one the other day for the kids (and maybe a couple intoxicated adults) and will be trying it out this weekend. Just wondering what you thought so far? Thanks!

Wes

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@LyonsAR210 We have only used it once, but I think it will be great! We just haven't had enough good weather :(

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am interested in how it works as well. I saw one at Bass Pro and thought it was an interesting idea...

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well I used it as a kneeboard and it was fun. I have never kneeboarder in my life LOL. I just laid behind it, hooked the handle in the hydro hook and told the wife to go LOL. After a few minutes I got brave and took the handle from the hook. Its definitely fun and the wife is eager to give it a go.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not to be the mom here, but the 192 only has a "max" weight rating of 1240 lb. so if you have 4 people on board at say an average of 150 per person (600 lb total) that only leaves you room for 640 lb of ballast. Around MN the sheriffs LOVE to find reasons to stop us so if you have had 2 beers in you and the boat is overloaded you are effed! So watch yo asses people! That said I can't wait to pick up some ballast next season. Already spent to much this season. :inpain:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not to be the mom here, but the 192 only has a "max" weight rating of 1240 lb. so if you have 4 people on board at say an average of 150 per person (600 lb total) that only leaves you room for 640 lb of ballast. Around MN the sheriffs LOVE to find reasons to stop us so if you have had 2 beers in you and the boat is overloaded you are effed! So watch yo asses people! That said I can't wait to pick up some ballast next season. Already spent to much this season. :inpain:
How are they going to weigh your boat? Yes officer that is a 250 pound bag in the locker. (actually 800) Oh that is just my bilge pump on pumping the water out, I will follow you to the dock. :p

LyonsAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain I'm hoping for some good lake time this weekend to try it out...mainly the kids, but I might have to test the weight capabilities!