• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 Power

Btown801

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hi All, I live in Utah at 4500ft elevation. I have had my AR192 for a short period of time now. I installed the SVHO intercooler in it, New plugs, New 6ER impeller. I was on Utah Lake yesterday, bimini up, 2 wakeboards on one side a kneeboard on the other and a couple of tubes. about 500lbs of people on board. I have tried disconnecting my air filter and I get a bit more power. I was only getting up to 33.5mph at 6420RPM (RideSteady display) I have also tracked my speed with my Garmin watch and it matches the ridesteady. I feel like I am missing some power somewhere? Maybe ribbon delete and a new filter? Any thoughts on what else to check? how do I verify the supercharger is working?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
You're going to need to de-pitch that impeller a bit. Small changes can make a big difference. 3mm is about all you can bend that impeller, and that should get you to a decent rpm.

Btown801

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
You're going to need to de-pitch that impeller a bit. Small changes can make a big difference. 3mm is about all you can bend that impeller, and that should get you to a decent rpm.
Will that kill my hole shot? I'm about to buy a big fatsac for my rear platform.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
No. It will improve the hole shot. You want to get your rpm up around 7500.

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
No. It will improve the hole shot. You want to get your rpm up around 7500.
Scouring some threads while thinking about my boat performance. Always glad to see your input since you wrote the book on maximizing 192 performance.

at WOT, after a couple of seconds at revlimiter, I’m consistently staying at 7700-7800. Is this a good thing? Am I getting air somewhere. I feel like my top speed should be more. I still haven’t don’t the ribbon delete, and just a refresher, I have an L13 cone with all 3 rings and a CJS viper installed. What is my next step to improve top speed and not sacrifice much HS/accel? TIA

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I think I will have to pay attention to your results as I am boating at 3380 feet above sea level and I will be looking for more speed etc...