• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar195 bow subwoofer enclosure

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 2015 sx192 setup:
- 4 Wetsounds XS-650 driven by Wetsounds HTX4
- 2 Wetsounds Rev 10 tower speakers driven by Wetsounds Syn DX2 (I installed a tower)
- Wetsounds WS-420BT (I removed the stereo unit)
- Rockford Fostgate P300-12 in the storage compartment under the stereo <-----this thing CHEAP sub kicks ass!
- Wetsounds AS-10 enclosed sub <-----Bought this thinking it would outperform the P300-12 and NOPE. I WASTED CLOSE TO $700 THERE!

....if you have money to throw around, get one of those Rockford Fostgate p300-12 and tryi it out.
Good info on the kicker. @bronze_10 you may want to consider this. As for all of that in a 192 I bet rocks hard.

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Good info on the kicker. @bronze_10 you may want to consider this. As for all of that in a 192 I bet rocks hard.

Yes, it does sound good! Best part is that i can run the stereo system for about 6hrs on a single battery :p[flag]:winkingthumbsup"

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with a alpine type-s sub. Sounds very good considering it's going to open air.

ctraylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2015 sx192 setup:
- 4 Wetsounds XS-650 driven by Wetsounds HTX4
- 2 Wetsounds Rev 10 tower speakers driven by Wetsounds Syn DX2 (I installed a tower)
- Wetsounds WS-420BT (I removed the stereo unit)
- Rockford Fostgate P300-12 in the storage compartment under the stereo <-----this thing CHEAP sub kicks ass!
- Wetsounds AS-10 enclosed sub <-----Bought this thinking it would outperform the P300-12 and NOPE. I WASTED CLOSE TO $700 THERE!

....if you have money to throw around, get one of those Rockford Fostgate p300-12 and tryi it out.

Did you just set the Rockford inside your storage compartment or cut and mount it elsewhere. I see it a a powered sub just curious how that would sound being set inside a closed compartment.

Jwiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
well it definitely looks awesome and i have never thought about that location! Sorry the output wasn't what you were expecting but it seems legit! out of curiosity... do you think you might have too high expectation? I would assume that it did add some much needed lower thump and for somebody not wanting to be a 'bass head' this idea with a 10" might work out just fine! I was thinking about adding one of the MTX 8" powered boxes under the rear seat. I replaced my stock 6.5's with (2) MB Quart 6.5 and (2) MB Quart 8" powered by Polk PAD4000.4 (125w x4)... So i am overpowering the speakers but Holy Cow i can't believe how well they sound. My only concern is longevity... will these MB Quarts last? I am almost satisfied with the amount of low end the 8's produce. So i was thinking just a little more low end from a dedicated sub would satisfy my need. However I also need to find a way to add a couple speakers at the rear sitting area but thats another post.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi I switched to an alpine type-s (my go to sub) and it worked out much better. But yeah... it’s a big difference between sub going to open air and being in a trunk. This is my normal setup I build in my cars. I would like to add some swim deck speakers as well on my ar195 but maybe a little over kill. My JLs on the tower rock. image.jpg
well it definitely looks awesome and i have never thought about that location! Sorry the output wasn't what you were expecting but it seems legit! out of curiosity... do you think you might have too high expectation? I would assume that it did add some much needed lower thump and for somebody not wanting to be a 'bass head' this idea with a 10" might work out just fine! I was thinking about adding one of the MTX 8" powered boxes under the rear seat. I replaced my stock 6.5's with (2) MB Quart 6.5 and (2) MB Quart 8" powered by Polk PAD4000.4 (125w x4)... So i am overpowering the speakers but Holy Cow i can't believe how well they sound. My only concern is longevity... will these MB Quarts last? I am almost satisfied with the amount of low end the 8's produce. So i was thinking just a little more low end from a dedicated sub would satisfy my need. However I also need to find a way to add a couple speakers at the rear sitting area but thats another post.

Jwiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i totally agree about overkill.... but is it?? [flag] actually i am the only one in the family that enjoys my music loud. I would want the rear seat speakers so the cabin volume didn't have to be so loud. I would also want to add an inline volume control. I am still digging the box you built under the bow cushion... we pretty much leave our cushion in year round. I was also thinking about adding an IB sub in the side panel that faces the storage door. Use a thick cutting board type material to stiffen up the fiberglass, cut a hole and BAM... done deal. Like i said, not looking to shake the entire cove but add some depth to the music.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i totally agree about overkill.... but is it?? [flag] actually i am the only one in the family that enjoys my music loud. I would want the rear seat speakers so the cabin volume didn't have to be so loud. I would also want to add an inline volume control. I am still digging the box you built under the bow cushion... we pretty much leave our cushion in year round. I was also thinking about adding an IB sub in the side panel that faces the storage door. Use a thick cutting board type material to stiffen up the fiberglass, cut a hole and BAM... done deal. Like i said, not looking to shake the entire cove but add some depth to the music.
I added speakers on the swimdeck of my SX and also added in some Metra bassknobs, to use a volume control (1 for inside, 1 for swimdeck, 1 for subs).

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have pictures of their swim deck speaker install on a 19 foot?