• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 Garmin 93sv Install

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since I have mentioned it in several threads and I don't want to hijack others, I will just consolidate here.
Garmin 93sv with GT56 Transducer on a 2020 AR210.

Transducer is on custom aluminum mount, channel and plate picked up from Lowes. The aluminum is 1/8" Thickness both the plate and channel. NOTE: if someone wants to do the same mount, I can give you all the measurements of what I cut. Currently it is bolted together but may have the mount welded together later after testing. It is bolted to the ride plate on the Port side, since the 2020 AR210 has a paddle wheel on the starboard side just in front of the ride plate.

WARNING: I was cutting the aluminum on my Dewalt 12" Compound Miter/Chop Saw. Using 96Teeth. It cuts like butter. Everything was clamped, but a clamp came loose and the Aluminum kicked back and tore through my finger on my left hand vey bad. The Admiral took me to the ER and that was how Friday night ended. Be very careful cutting the Aluminum. Clamp it down good. Better yet use jigsaw or a hack saw, etc.

The GT56 Transducer is long and it was mounted and verified that the Articulating Keel did not hit hit. The boat also has Cobra steering on it, the transducer is under them as well.

The stock plastic mount that comes with it, TBH, feels awful flimsy and I can see it snapping off at speed if something hits it. I didn't want the transducer smacking around and getting destroyed or tearing up the gelcoat back there.

The install was done in a way that it could be removed easily if I wanted to sell the boat and remove the Garmin or change to a different chart/plotter in the future. The only hole in the gelcoat is above the waterline and that is to pass the transducer cable through. 4200 UV was used on that hole with clam.

All wires were routed through the engine compartment along the Starboard wall and come through just under the seat where they are ran along side the existing cables to the Helm.

For the Garmin mount itself I went through several test fittings and came up with the one you see below. I removed the dash cup holder. I cut a piece of 4.5" x 6" x 3/4" King Starboard Black. I then chamfered the ends to give it a better look at 45 degrees on table saw. The starboard was used to cover the cup hole. This worked great for how I wanted it.

I did also purchase the cupholder RAM mount that goes directly into the cupholder as some have done, but upon testing it I didn't feel it was as sturdy without an additional securing as it is now directly secured down.

The Mount is a Medium RAM Mount Universal. I mounted it in such a way that I could swing it right and down and it would only hide my two Tach's. Or up to eh left and it sticks out a bit but I have full view of the helm. If I put it straight up and rotate it, I can read it easily from the bow (A trolling motor is getting mounted next) so I can fish from the bow and see it clearly. If I swing it up high to the left, it can be easily seen from the Stern if I am back there fishing as well.

There is a hole right behind the RAM mount. As you will notice it goes right down to through the cup holder hole (cupholder was removed). I have a Garmin Grommet on order and it should be here in a couple days. What is nice is that I didn't have to drill another hole and it will be waterproof for the most part without having to use sealant or other.

I can return the mount back to stock easily and remove the Garmin or move it in the future if I need to. I put the cupholder aside and can reinstall the stock cupholder as well. I made sure the entire install was clean and didn't slop up the 4200 UV.

I did like @Julian mount a lot. The only thing is I couldn't swivel it enough with the glass to see it from the bow, at least that is how it appeared when i test fitted it there on the right.

I have several length aluminum arm lengths so I can easily switch on the water while testing. Of course a 1" long slide hole would of been better, but it is hard with the fingers on my left hand immobilized right now.

All Screws and bolts are Stainless Steel'

Here are the majority of parts.

Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv Touch-Screen Fish Finder/Chartplotter Combo with LakeVü G3 Inland Maps | Bass Pro Shops

Amazon.com: Garmin 010-12006-11 Transducer Transom Mount: Automotive

Amazon.com: Garmin Cable grommet: Garmin

Amazon.com: RAM Drill-Down Marine Electronic Mount: Sports & Outdoors

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210417_155346.jpg
20210417_155336.jpg
20210417_184648.jpg20210417_184654.jpg20210417_184705.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210417_185004.jpg20210417_185400.jpg20210417_200823.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210417_185204.jpg20210417_185146.jpg

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great! I like the transducer bracket.Im hoping my 73sv w/ gt56 will be here soon! A guy at work is a Garmin dealer for his side gig golf shop, so he was able to get me $100 off. Bringing the boat out of storage on Friday I'm getting excited to start modding!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Once everything is tested out I will round off some of the pointed edges.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe @JetBoatPilot could make an aluminum transducer bracket like yours with the help of a CNC machine. I'd buy one.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great! I like the transducer bracket.Im hoping my 73sv w/ gt56 will be here soon! A guy at work is a Garmin dealer for his side gig golf shop, so he was able to get me $100 off. Bringing the boat out of storage on Friday I'm getting excited to start modding!
Take your time. I used the clam from that came with it. It requires 1 inch hole which I only did 3/4" so I had to open it up. I also got some split tube plastic loom to run the wire through to make everything nice and tidy. I also put sealant on the inside as well.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was that Garmin Grommet for the above waterline passthrough of the transducer wire, or did you use it somewhere else?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JASmith The Grommet is for the wires that go through the helm hole, specifically in the Starboard that I cut. It came in but I can't install it and show picture until it stops snowing so probably Thursday when the temps hit 60 degrees I will uncover the boat.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice Job. Sorry about your hand.

I have to install my 94SV next week so your post is very timely. I like how your customized transducer mounting solution avoids potential collision with your new trim tabs, and is open to minimize water drag. Based on the JB trip in June, we will decide whether we want trim tabs too, and I've been concerned about potential interferrance with the transducer.

Q: What is your reasoning for putting the display on the left hand side and wanting to make it viewable from the bow? If I remember right, I think you mentioned a troll motor a while back.

I hate clutter and have been focused on looking for the best place for our 94SV on the captain's right to minimize someone falling on it or using it as a handhold.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Viewable from the Bow for fishing or just when sitting up there and floating around, drifting. Trolling motor is in the living room with all parts, just need to get to it. It will be the last mod. But also for the days when I am just drifting and casting from the bow. It would be nice to use the side vue to see what is around.

I wanted to do the ight hand side, but it would semi block my switches and part of the connext and wouldn't swivel all the way around.

On the left I can swivel it in front of my Tachs if I wish, and still have the right side fully viewable and all switches available.

The nice thing is all I do to move it, if I wanted to later, is remove two screws and the block comes out and I put back in the cup holder, returning to stock.

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice setup. Where did you run the cable thru into the transom?

Sorry about the hand. That sux...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy NJ As high up as I could. In the back corner it goes nicely through to an area under the hatch.

20210421_181011.jpg20210421_180951.jpg

Last edited:

BRosen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve got a Humminbird Helix for Christmas I’m looking to mount soon, so I appreciate your post. I guess you don’t know how your transducer will work yet?.....I’m guessing you haven’t gotten it on the water yet? This freaking cold!....I blame you Michiganders 😁. Lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haven't been on the water yet. Soon though. If not this weekend, next week for sure.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That hole in the dash makes me gasp lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why. It is the cup holder hole under the starboard?

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I always thought the transducer was supposed to be in-line w the bottom of the hull. Yours looks lower. Am I wrong?